Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko tribute thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do ye think were vitali's best 5 wins?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      AGreed, except Haye would be Vitali's best victory should he win, thats why so many want them to fight.
      Exactly. But...he can choose to retire happily as a paper champ whose best win came over Chris Arreola. Or Kevin Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        Vitali is a tough SOB who I think could have competed in any era of HW's (once he learned his lesson i the Byrd fight)

I'm a Vitali fan.

Amazing how he came back at age 37 after not fighting for 4 years and has been so dominant.

But I think he should retire now. It was obvious in his past two fights that age has finally caught up with him. He's still good, but I'd hate to see him lose to an ordinary fighter because of his age - he's only ever lost to two very good fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Exactly. But...he can choose to retire happily as a paper champ whose best win came over Chris Arreola. Or Kevin Johnson.
          The sad thing is that so many in the boxing community applaud the fact that he is a nice guy or a DR. etc etc. Those things have nothing to do with in ring performance. All Vitali has done is KO a long list of terrible fighters and has lost and quit to the 2 best he ever faced. That should not get you into the IBHOF!!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Amazing how he came back at age 37 after not fighting for 4 years and has been so dominant.

But I think he should retire now. It was obvious in his past two fights that age has finally caught up with him. He's still good, but I'd hate to see him lose to an ordinary fighter because of his age - he's only ever lost to two very good fighters.
            How can you be "dominant" when you aren't the best fighter in your division?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              The sad thing is that so many in the boxing community applaud the fact that he is a nice guy or a DR. etc etc. Those things have nothing to do with in ring performance. All Vitali has done is KO a long list of terrible fighters and has lost and quit to the 2 best he ever faced. That should not get you into the IBHOF!!
              Overrated on all levels. John Ruiz has beaten far better fighters but Vitali gets props for...I'm still not sure for what. Oh yeah, nobody has knocked out more bums than he has. He's the best ever at knocking out bums.

Comment

Ill be surprised if Vitali retires. We are talking about a proud man whos looked pretty untoucbale throughout his career but lacks that defining win.

I think a Haye fight would be a satisfying way to end his career rather than go out with a whimper getting a cuts win over some unknown club fighter. Maybe he is using this a negotiating tool because the fire inside im hasnt been extinguished yet.

If he does retire he can be proud of a great career and being a classy champion in and out the ring.

Comment

A great fighter was Vitali. One of the most powerful punches I've ever seen and very smart in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                    What do ye think were vitali's best 5 wins?
                    Not sure, but the best 10:

Herbie Hide (partly because of how impressively Vitali won)
                    Danny Williams (in his prime and a tough cookie at the time)
                    Larry Donald (who had gone the distance with Bowe and beat Holyfield)
                    Corrie Sanders
                    Sam Peter (consider he was coming back at age 37 after 4 years of not fighting)
                    Chris Arreola
                    JC Gomez
                    Kirk Johnson (consider Kirk had never been stopped or down before)
                    Odlanier Solis
                    Tomasz Adamek

Those were all decent wins (not great but decent).

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Not sure, but the best 10:

Herbie Hide (partly because of how impressively Vitali won)
                      Danny Williams (in his prime and a tough cookie at the time)
                      Larry Donald (who had gone the distance with Bowe and beat Holyfield)
                      Corrie Sanders
                      Sam Peter (consider he was coming back at age 37 after 4 years of not fighting)
                      Chris Arreola
                      JC Gomez
                      Kirk Johnson (consider Kirk had never been stopped or down before)
                      Odlanier Solis
                      Tomasz Adamek

Those were all decent wins (not great but decent).
                      Freedom:

Do any of these guys crack the top 150 HWT's ever?

Comment

Working...
                      X