Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you one of those people that says "blame the owners not the dog" for pitbulls?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by res View Post
    Not only do I blame the owner, I think they ought to hike up the penalty on owners of certain kinds of dogs when they attack so high that the owners of those dogs are absolutely paranoid all the time that their dongs might do something..
    i dont know why they dont do this i dont know if it'll make a diffence but still something is better than nothing, and in this case it is peoples lives were talking about here.. if its not just pitbulls it should be for dogs with "high attack rates" on innocent people i mean..

Comment

I had a pitbull for 13 years, and the only people it ever bit were people who came in our yard that we didn't know.

It always comes down to training and environment.

Comment

It's always the owner.

Oh pee iz an id-e-it

Comment

It is the people.

Comment

Originally posted by CeeMCee
            Chow Chows are angry little dogs. They're always angrily barking at someone when I see one.

Comment

Yep, I say it's the owner and not the breed. A pitbull in the wrong hands is a dangerous animal, just like an American bulldog, tosa, fila, Rottweiler, German Shepard, Akita, presa, etc, but they all also make great family pets and good workers , so should we ban them all?

The UK brought in the dda and banned dog breeds, but it failed. The working dog of each breed will never be extinct and will always survive, making them hard to get makes them more a status symbol for the owners that generally are likely to cause problems.

Education wins for me, so educate and punish the people and not the breed

Comment

The public's perception has been shaped by misinformation from the media. In the 60's the media loved to do it to the German Shepard...in the 70's it shifted to the Doberman...the Rottweiler in the 80's and since the 90's the Pitbull has had the dubious distinction of the media's attention.

Sweet Pea 50's chart tells you the reality...but if a mut viciously attacks someone and you called your local TV station they wouldn't bother to send a crew to report on it...and if it's a Pitbull they would be there in a heart-beat because that kind of drama sells.

Pitbulls are huge cuddle bunnies. Anyone who has ever been around one knows this and anyone who has never been around one has fear of them because of the media's misrepresentation of them. Any dog can be vicious. When I was a kid we had Chihuahua that was so bad it had to be put down.

Comment

I suppose you cannot place blame on a owner for their dog's personality. However, it is the responsibility of the owner to make measurable steps to ensure the safety of others. For example if you knew your dog had a habit of snapping at strangers, it is your responsibility to ensure a muzzle is warn when you take the dog on public property.

Comment

soccermoms what do you have to say to the stats? Seems like youre just looking to hate on pit bulls.
                    Last edited by {Pito}; 10-08-2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

People who claim every Dog that ever did something bad did it because of the owner are delusional and ignorant. And there are people like that out there, especially for Pitbull defenders.

Comment

Working...
                      X