Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin is good. He reminds me of when Angulo was hot coming up in ranks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin beats Quillin/N'Jikam, Geale, and Chavez. The only person I don't know about is Sergio, who is still the best MW in the world and one of the top 3 fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
      Both were highly touted KO artists but achieved those means with different paths

Golovkin showed real improvement from the Ouma fight with this performance nowhere near the sloppy footwork and brawler type mentality

And someone with 1 punch KO power...well that would be a recipe to defeat any fighter so...
      True, but there's ways you have to fight guys with one punch KO power. You can take the smart route and stick, move and box OR you can fight fire with fire.

Take Abraham for example. Before he fought Dirrel and Froch, he had that one punch KO power. Dirrel showed what you can do with applying movement, velocity and high volume.

But to me, nothing about Golovkin's style spells "stick, move or box". I see him as a one dimensional brute force type of fighter. He's a "my brute force is greater than your brute force" type of guy. To me, since he registers as that type of fighter, that's why I'm interested in him fighting the one punch KO type of guy.

Golovkin vs Pavlik, Abraham, and Pirog come to mind as very intriguing. I'm not to excited for a fight with him and Chavez because I feel Chavez would smother him and he wouldn't be able to get off against Ward.

But Golovkin vs Pavlik/Abraham = perfectly made for "each other".

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        True, but there's ways you have to fight guys with one punch KO power. You can take the smart route and stick, move and box OR you can fight fire with fire.

Take Abraham for example. Before he fought Dirrel and Froch, he had that one punch KO power. Dirrel showed what you can do with applying movement, velocity and high volume.

But to me, nothing about Golovkin's style spells "stick, move or box". I see him as a one dimensional brute force type of fighter. He's a "my brute force is greater than your brute force" type of guy. To me, since he registers as that type of fighter, that's why I'm interested in him fighting the one punch KO type of guy.

Golovkin vs Pavlik, Abraham, and Pirog come to mind as very intriguing. I'm not to excited for a fight with him and Chavez because I feel Chavez would smother him and he wouldn't be able to get off against Ward.

But Golovkin vs Pavlik/Abraham = perfectly made for "each other".
        Those would be entertaing fights but wheres the reasoning to go up to SMW when he has belts at MW and has just entered into the publics conscience

He's a pressure fighter but uses techinique and surgical attacks to apply brute force

Comment

Please.. Chavez would get hurt from Golovkin

Comment

He looks like Angulo... If Angulo was superman.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
              Those would be entertaing fights but wheres the reasoning to go up to SMW when he has belts at MW and has just entered into the publics conscience

He's a pressure fighter but uses techinique and surgical attacks to apply brute force
              In his post fight interview, he said he wants to fight everyone from 154-168.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                In his post fight interview, he said he wants to fight everyone from 154-168.
                I dont see a soul giving him a shot at 154.. Lol. Maybe Lara would be game..but Canelo or Cotto? Lol.

168 who knows. Fight Pirog, Geale, winner of Chavez jr - Martinez and hell br gold. If Martinez wins, msybe he can catch Martinez on the decline a year or two later. Martinez is set to get old any fight now.

Comment

#pause "Golovkin is good. He reminds me of when Angulo was hot coming up in ranks"

Comment

Originally posted by MartialRed View Post
                    You're kidding right? GGG was an amateur phenom.

If anything, he's more like a Kostya Tszyu. Great timing and awesome power.
                    That's a really good comparison IMO.

Comment

GGG isnt much like angulo at all. they are punchers and come forward, thats it. angulo is a brawler, GGG is a pressure fighter. angulo is crude, slow and has virtually no defense.

GGG is a good boxer who won silver at the olympics and has a vast amateur career behind him. sometimes he neglects defense bcuz he feels he can in that particular situation but that doesnt mean he cant box when he has to. he can box very well, he beat dirrell in an amateur fight and say what you want about dirrell but hes a phenomenal athlete and a very good pure boxer. very hard to beat in an amateur fight but golovkin did it, anyone here can imagine angulo fighting for medals in the olympics outboxing guys of dirrells caliber?

golovkin is smart and very fundmentally sound, his skill level and overall ability is far beyond that of angulo.

Comment

Working...
                      X