Pavlik Vs Froch Predictor, front up public poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pavlik Vs Froch Predictor, front up public poll

Ok, I will go first.

Froch by TKO around round 9. Pavlik retains his toughness, but at 168 against a guy like Froch he doesn't have enough to offer. Pavlik is a straight up and down kind of guy, Froch throws from awkward angles, and won't be seeing anything against Pavlik he hasn't faced before. Pavlik also does not have the pop at 168 that he had at 160, Froch will be able to walk through him whereas I don't think Pavlik can walk through froch without getting busted up and discouraged.

The form also Matters, Pavlik hasnt been pushed for a long time.

In the last 5 years Pavlik has beaten Taylor, Lockett, Rubio, Espino, Lopez, Jaco, Sigmon and Rosinsky. With only Taylor being an elite fighter

In the past 5 years Froch has beaten Pascall, Taylor, Dirrell, Abraham, Johnson and Bute, all of whom are elite fighters.

Outside the Taylor wins you can compare Pavliks' best wins to froch's average wins against the likes of Magee and Robin Reid

Anyways, your thoughts?
    Froch KO
    50.00%
    Froch Dec
    13.64%
    Pavlik KO
    27.27%
    Pavlik Dec
    9.09%
    Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 07-07-2012, 11:58 PM.

Styles make fights. Froch offers nothing that Pavlik can't contain and capitalize off of.

Rosinsky isn't how that fight would go. Rosinsky is slick and moves non stop. Eveything Pavlik has trouble with. Pavlik still won fairly easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Cazadores View Post
      Styles make fights. Froch offers nothing that Pavlik can't contain and capitalize off of.

Rosinsky isn't how that fight would go. Rosinsky is slick and moves non stop. Eveything Pavlik has trouble with. Pavlik still won fairly easily.
      interesting, do you think Pavlik is better suited to 168 than he was 160?

Comment

I think Pavlik has overall better technique than Froch, has more speed and power....Froch doesnt have the best defense or footwork - it will be a brawl while it lasts.....but Froch will end up taking way too many flush shots and end up getting ko'ed later on in the fight.....

i like froch - one of my fav. fighters to watch right now, but i dont think hes good enough to beat pavlik....

Comment

Originally posted by Jerub Baal View Post
          I think Pavlik has overall better technique than Froch, has more speed and power....Froch doesnt have the best defense or footwork - it will be a brawl while it lasts.....but Froch will end up taking way too many flush shots and end up getting ko'ed later on in the fight.....

i like froch - one of my fav. fighters to watch right now, but i dont think hes good enough to beat pavlik....
          good analysis.

As a serious question do you think Pavlik has carried all of his power up from 160lbs?

I ask because especially in the Jermain Taylor fight which is a good barometer he seemed to lose some of his pop in the second fight which was a few pounds higher

Comment

Originally posted by Thor-Odinson View Post
            interesting, do you think Pavlik is better suited to 168 than he was 160?
            Right now, i would pick Froch by dec. Jermain Taylor thoroughly was outboxing Froch till he got blasted out right at the end. If you are going by common opponents, it would be a very tough fight, but you can't go by that imo. Froch also lost to Dirrel imo. Froch blasted out a fighter in Bute, whom obviously wasn't ready for the bigtime. Froch is slow, and there to be hit. Kelly is too, though. Kelly has a better array of punches then he has had in the past. Using the left hook to the head and body more, and the uppercut. He isn't just your classic 1,2 guy anymore imo. If you are basing the fight on tonight's Rosinsky fight you will be wrong to do so. Styles make fights, and 2 TOTALLY diff styles between Will and Carl. I honestly think it would be a war and so enjoyable to watch, but i see Froch by dec as of now. Don't count Kelly out, though. Wouldn't be surprised if it went to dec to either man tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by tennesseeboy View Post
              Right now, i would pick Froch by dec. Jermain Taylor thoroughly was outboxing Froch till he got blasted out right at the end. If you are going by common opponents, it would be a very tough fight, but you can't go by that imo. Froch also lost to Dirrel imo. Froch blasted out a fighter in Bute, whom obviously wasn't ready for the bigtime. Froch is slow, and there to be hit. Kelly is too, though. Kelly has a better array of punches then he has had in the past. Using the left hook to the head and body more, and the uppercut. He isn't just your classic 1,2 guy anymore imo. If you are basing the fight on tonight's Rosinsky fight you will be wrong to do so. Styles make fights, and 2 TOTALLY diff styles between Will and Carl. I honestly think it would be a war and so enjoyable to watch, but i see Froch by dec as of now. Don't count Kelly out, though. Wouldn't be surprised if it went to dec to either man tbh.
              I dont think you can go off Taylor as a commen opponent for them, because Pavlik beat Taylor twice, Taylor beat Hopkins twice yet Hopkins beat Pavlik.

Taylor is a bit of a joker in the pack, he's all over the place and you never know what he is going to show up like

Comment

Originally posted by Thor-Odinson View Post
                good analysis.

As a serious question do you think Pavlik has carried all of his power up from 160lbs?

I ask because especially in the Jermain Taylor fight which is a good barometer he seemed to lose some of his pop in the second fight which was a few pounds higher
                he has lost some of his pop while moving up - but be as it may, he's still a devastating puncher....

Comment

Froch has been chin and power and better technique (relatively)

Pavlik really hasn't proved a damn thing last years.

Froch would KO Pavlik before 10 Kegs of alcohol KO's Pavlik.

Ain't even close.

Comment

I got Pavlik by a close UD. Froch style is tailor made for a war with Pavlik. Froch is no B-Hop, and he doesn't have the elusiveness of Martinez either. It would be a toe to toe war fought mainly at close distances. The man with a better chin wins. Both these guys hit hard enough to knock the other one out, but yet they both have great chins. And as far as I can remember Taylor is the only man to knock either one of them down? But truthfully I don't see a knockout happening..

That being said, I do favor Pavlik in a close UD in a fight of the year contender

Comment

Working...
                    X