No announcement yet.

FNF has been kicking HBO's ass in quality fights lately

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FNF has been kicking HBO's ass in quality fights lately

And they're doing it with not even a 10th of their budget. That's saying something.

FNF goes very well with the budget it has. Unfortunately I can't say the same for HBO this year as they continue to overpay for mediocre fighters and fights. Call it 'the Hayman effect'.

Comment

Originally posted by I am God
      explain...................
      What I mean by 'the Hayman effect' is that he has a stable of mediocre fighters who consistently get big money and tv dates from hbo. Take Andre Berto for example. The man can't sell a ticket. Can't give them way. Andre Berto has no homebase, no following, no big names on his resume. Yet, he is managed by Al Hayman and gets million dollar paydays for fighting nameless no-hopers. Al Hayman is tight with Kerry Davis and also has a stable of muscial talent like Beyonce that he can use as leverage with HBO. Hayman's fighters get preferential treatment and it is hurting HBO, and in turn, hurting boxing.
      Last edited by William Blake; 08-06-2011, 03:02 AM.

Comment

HBO has got to get their shit together.

Comment

Great Thread. Wolak vs. Rodriguez, Peterson vs. Cayo, Paris vs. Coleman 3 awesome main events 3 weeks in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
            Great Thread. Wolak vs. Rodriguez, Peterson vs. Cayo, Paris vs. Coleman 3 awesome main events 3 weeks in a row.
            And it probably would have been four in a row if Berrios hadn't pulled out of the fight with Dirrell. That would have been an interesting fight.

Comment

They are doing very well i hope they continue putting on stellar fights.

Comment

Wow, lemme just go ahead & educate. ESPN usually always have more exciting fights than hbo. HBO simply shows the star fighters in action. Fighters on espn are usually boxers without a star pedigree with something to prove. Or former hbo or showtime stars that have been kicked by the network. You want consistant action fights watch espn, you want to see star fighters watch hbo.

FNF's & showbox are the 2 best boxing series on tv in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
                  Nah, first of all non of these fighters wore tight spandex shorts, secondly there wasnt anywhere near enough blood. Thirdly those fights went on for aggggggggges, the actual action part of fights needs to go on for about 5 seconds the rest of the time they need to be hugging on the floor so i can go out and get crisps/beer.

Comment

Because fighters on FNF are either

1) Upcoming prospects who fight 10 times a year before getting their big break on HBO/SHO

or

2) Past their prime dudes or dudes coming off loses who got dropped by HBO/Showtime.

The reason that there isnt more exciting fights on HBO is because Al-Haymon is a criminal who uses blackmail and bribes to get his **** fighters tons of money despite none of them having any fans/media power, thus ensuring that HBO has no more money for other fights so they cancel abunch of dates and make fights like DAWSON-BHOP on PPV.

Cuz Al-Haymon sez "pai my byms da chedda homie befo da Al-Haymon twins kill yo family cracka ass cracka"

Word on the street is that HBO execs will die if they dont pay Al-Haymon his extortion money.

Comment

Working...
                    X