No announcement yet.

Do education do most pro boxers have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do education do most pro boxers have?

Something i just wonder if any of the famous boxers out there are school drop outs or have a serious education of any form in case there boxing career didnt work out, anyone?
    Last edited by GhostFighter; 07-23-2011, 08:17 AM.

Juan Diaz is going Law school.

Comment

Aren't the Klitschkos doctors in sports medicine?

Comment

Marco Antonio Barrera
        Klitschko (both)
        Juan Manuel Marquez

All have degrees.

Auidley Harrison
        Calvin Brock

Are intelligent, educated guys to.

Comment

Alot of pro boxers nowadays box full time on top of going to college/ university.

Comment

In the Boxing Greatest Workout book, Miguel Cotto said he was in University.

Sorta off topic, some Thai boxers also have a University graduate certificate. Saw a picture of a Thai boxer that I can't remember his name taking a graduate photo (had the gown and everything).

Comment

i had the same exact question as you, i always thought most boxers ended up dropping out of middle/high schools. my dad told me that in order to become a great fighter, you'll need to quit school so you could concentrate on your training. is that true? is it possible to become a great boxer by going to college thats participating in NCBA matches?

Comment

JMM used to be an accountant.

Comment

this is their job, they spend all day on boxing, they have been since they were kids. how the hell are they supposed to make a career in politics or something? some have done this (klitschkos etc) but if boxing is your thing and everything evolves around boxing you cant really do anything else and become the next einstein. doesnt mean they are dumb or anything

Comment

I think it has more to do with the fact that boxing is an inner city sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X