No announcement yet.

Facing Ali Exclusive Trailer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facing Ali Exclusive Trailer

Absolutely loved the book. Can't wait to see this. Thanks for posting it, had no idea there was a film being made of this.

Comment

Cant Wait!

Comment

man that looks awesome. All those old badasses and most of them still really have it together.

Comment

i hope its not a "bash ali" movie

Comment

Originally posted by TredKiller View Post
            i hope its not a "bash ali" movie
            Not at all. IT was written by Torontonian Stephen Brunt and he basically interviews 15 Ali opponents from Tunney Hunsaker to Larry Holmes and they all give their opinions on what it was like to fight him. Of course there are a couple of fighters who don't show Ali respect ie; Joe Frazier but for the most part it's guys like Karl Mindenberger who was a huge star in Germany but was still star struck by Ali. It's actually a really great read in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
              That looks great, does anyone have any info when it will be available to watch at the cinema?

Comment

The Rumble in the Jungle, the Thrilla in Manila, the Fight of the Century etc have all been done to death already. I don't think we'll learn any more about those fights from this than we knew before, so I hope they don't choose to focus on them the way most Ali documentaries do.

It's a shame they didn't manage to track down more of his less well known opponents - Doug Jones, Bugner, London, Foster, Mildenberger, Wepner et al - who all must have some interesting untold stories to tell. Still, they did get Lyle, Spinks, Chuvalo and Terrell, who should be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                X