Comments Thread For: Vanes Turns Down Final WBC Eliminator With Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2120 View Post
    first off i am not a fan of vanes but

for those that are calling a vanes a coward. you guys dont see the big picture
    golden boy and wbc are protecting canelo

vanes already fought an elimantor and won

then the wbc orders him to fight another elimantor against angulo

and he says no

so angulo and kirkland fight an elimantor and kirkland win

so goldenboy keeps kirkland busy by signing him to fight molina

now the wbc orders another elimantor between vanes and lara

i understand casual fan being fans of canelo but hardcore boxing junkie that follow the sport how could you be a fan of canelo?
    Canelo already in talks with Kirkland. No need to schedule beyond that.

Tough luck for Vanes. He actually is in line for that title but his promoter refuses to work with GBP.

Must suck to be a young fighter with a title shot within reach but have those dreams put to the side because of promoter beef. (Those MFs have beef and they dont even fight SMH)

Time for old Vanes to look in a new direction. Either new title path, new promoter or new career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elotero View Post
      Canelo already in talks with Kirkland. No need to schedule beyond that.

Tough luck for Vanes. He actually is in line for that title but his promoter refuses to work with GBP.

Must suck to be a young fighter with a title shot within reach but have those dreams put to the side because of promoter beef. (Those MFs have beef and they dont even fight SMH)

Time for old Vanes to look in a new direction. Either new title path, new promoter or new career.
      Or get out the game. He's fighting no one. Fighting straight up fkin bums in his prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by argminasyan View Post
        i agree with you that vanes should fight the best opponent HE AND HIS TEAM decides is the best to advance his career. who the **** is the WBC to mandate vanes to fight anyone when theyre not gonna mandate the champ to fight the winner... WBC IS NOT VANES PROMOTER OR MANAGER, THEY MAY BE CANELOS BUT THEY DONT ****IN CONTROL WHO VANES FIGHTS OR HE DOESNT FIGHT. IF THEY DECIDE THAT CANELO WILL FACE THE WINNER VANES SIGNS TOMORROW TO FIGHT LARA. ITS A MATTER OF PRINCIPLE MORE THAN BEING AFRAID OF LARA. VANES WILL FIGHT OTHER OPPONENTS THAT GET HIM A SHOT AT ONE OF THE OTHER BELTS. YOU ALL ARE TOO THICK SKULLED TO FIGURE THIS OUT... ****IN MORONS
        he should fight someone with a pulse for change

Vanes = calling out everybody,fighting nobody
        Last edited by Alec900; 05-10-2012, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Or get out the game. He's fighting no one. Fighting straight up fkin bums in his prime.
          Even worse than that. Vanes is feasting on low tier fighters waiting in line for a title shot with a GBP fighter, knowing full well that his promoter (Top Rank) and Canelo's Promoter (Golden Boy) wont even **** on the same toilet.

If they wont even sit down to get a HBO fight going with Lara, what makes him think they would sit down and negotiate a PPV fight with Canelo?

The Lara fight was never going to happen. Just like the Canelo shot isnt. Vanes talking to the media and asking for a contract was a bad move because it makes it seem like he had a choice and turned it down. In reality he had no choice. Even if he never mentioned anything about a WBC contract the Lara fight wouldn't happen because the promoters Cold War. I guess since Vanes knew the fight wasn't going to happen he thought it would be cool to trash Canelos name a bit but its backfiring (again) and making him look bad (again).

Comment

• this guy is a ****ing insult to the sport

how many fighters would kill for that opportunity and this guy is turning down fights left right and center

and like you guys say he talks all that smack on twitter then when it comes time to put your money where your mouth is he bails out what a fraud!!

it guys like this that are killing the sport go and push some pencils or something vanes you clearly don't want to fight anyone who is half decent

he knows lara would have schooled him then knocked him out what a *****

Comment

• Originally posted by Elotero View Post
              Even worse than that. Vanes is feasting on low tier fighters waiting in line for a title shot with a GBP fighter, knowing full well that his promoter (Top Rank) and Canelo's Promoter (Golden Boy) wont even **** on the same toilet.

If they wont even sit down to get a HBO fight going with Lara, what makes him think they would sit down and negotiate a PPV fight with Canelo?

The Lara fight was never going to happen. Just like the Canelo shot isnt. Vanes talking to the media and asking for a contract was a bad move because it makes it seem like he had a choice and turned it down. In reality he had no choice. Even if he never mentioned anything about a WBC contract the Lara fight wouldn't happen because the promoters Cold War. I guess since Vanes knew the fight wasn't going to happen he thought it would be cool to trash Canelos name a bit but its backfiring (again) and making him look bad (again).
              Well, I really don't care about Vanes but as long as they get Lara a name opponent in there to fight him for a title shot, wether it happens or not, I'll be happy. That's some more exposure he gets. There's plenty of other titles out there anyway.

Lara's been calling everyone out and Im sure he's willing to fight 20 eliminators as long as he gets some decent people in there he will be happy, the more known he gets. Even if he doesn't get a shot at Canelo. I don't see Lara whining for a "guarantee" to fight Canelo. So why should Vanes? Besides the fact that he has fought a few eliminators.

Comment

• lol at people defending this coward......Kirkland, Molina, Lara are all fighting and they don't act like Divas

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Well, I really don't care about Vanes but as long as they get Lara a name opponent in there to fight him for a title shot, wether it happens or not, I'll be happy. That's some more exposure he gets. There's plenty of other titles out there anyway.

Lara's been calling everyone out and Im sure he's willing to fight 20 eliminators as long as he gets some decent people in there he will be happy, the more known he gets. Even if he doesn't get a shot at Canelo. I don't see Lara whining for a "guarantee" to fight Canelo. So why should Vanes? Besides the fact that he has fought a few eliminators.
                  I agree to that 100%.

If Vanes wont take the fight then either Lara automatically gets his spot in line for Canelo (yeah right) or they get him another name opponent to fight in an eliminator. Give the opportunity to someone else that wants it.

Comment

Working...
                  X