No announcement yet.

8 year Iraq war worth the cost?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 year Iraq war worth the cost?

Okay, no WMD found but they got rid of a malignant tyrant Hussein and his family of thugs and terrorist appeasers who would have caused a lot more trouble down the line. He was also sitting on a massive amount of oil that you could argue was in the US national interest to see go elsewhere other than the Hussein family accounts. That said, it cost a trillion dollars to get rid of him. IMO the Iraqi's should pay some of that back over time from oil revenue. The human cost is harder to quantify, but it's all about how many lives has it potentially saved by getting rid of Hussein, we'll never know the answer to that sadly. Overall it could be a good thing Bush did for the world but I'm not sure 100%.
    Last edited by Money Shot; 12-15-2011, 10:00 AM.

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
    Okay, no WMD found but they got rid of a malignant tyrant Hussein and his family of thugs and terrorist appeasers who would have caused a lot more trouble down the line. He was also sitting on a massive amount of oil that you could argue was in the US national interest to see go elsewhere other than the Hussein family accounts. That said, it cost a trillion dollars to get rid of him. IMO the Iraqi's should pay some of that back over time from oil revenue. The human cost is harder to quantify, but it's all about how many lives has it potentially saved by getting rid of Hussein, we'll never know the answer to that sadly. Overall it could be a good thing Bush did for the world but I'm not sure 100%.
    You do realise the US killed a million Iraqis right? They went to war on a lie (there weren't any weapons of mass destruction), killed a million Iraqis, got rid of a ruler who did not pose the US a threat at all (Israel was a nation he stated he didn't like), turned public opinion even more against the US, WASTED 1Trillion US dollars....

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
      You do realise the US killed a million Iraqis right? They went to war on a lie (there weren't any weapons of mass destruction), killed a million Iraqis, got rid of a ruler who did not pose the US a threat at all (Israel was a nation he stated he didn't like), turned public opinion even more against the US, WASTED 1Trillion US dollars....
      You do realize that there's been more Iraqis die at the hands of fellow Iraqis and people from surrounding countries than Americans have killed.

Not saying its right because I oppose this war and have from the beginning but let's not act like 1 million Iraqis were killed solely at the hands of Americans.

The biggest mistake is taking Saddam out of power. He was the only one holding the Iranians back and now with him gone, Iran is going to take over that region.

Welcome to the 21st century were states that support terrorism have the access to nuclear weapons.

One day we will wake up and see something on the news that will be terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        You do realize that there's been more Iraqis die at the hands of fellow Iraqis and people from surrounding countries than Americans have killed.

Not saying its right because I oppose this war and have from the beginning but let's not act like 1 million Iraqis were killed solely at the hands of Americans.

The biggest mistake is taking Saddam out of power. He was the only one holding the Iranians back and now with him gone, Iran is going to take over that region.

Welcome to the 21st century were states that support terrorism have the access to nuclear weapons.

I pray to God that we wont Cuauht homie.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
          I pray to God that we wont Cuauht homie.
          Me too but it's only a matter of time. I respect your service to this country as my wife did for 8 years serving on a air craft carrier during the war as well but America will reap what it has sowed.

American has involved herself in a lot of stuff she shouldn't have and there's a reason the world hates America. Countries that were formerly a non threat are growing more powerful while America is losing it's economic power and influence in the world.

Militarily isn't the problem, it's keeping countries like Iran, China, N. Korea, Venezuela etc down and that has worn down the U.S.

It's only a matter of time before Iran gets a nuke (if they don't already have one) and then Israel is going to bomb the living **** out of them and it's on and poppin for WWIII.

I'm glad I have at least lived 30+ years, I feel sorry for the next coming generations.

Comment

Me too but it's only a matter of time. I respect your service to this country as my wife did for 8 years serving on a air craft carrier during the war as well but America will reap what it has sowed.

American has involved herself in a lot of stuff she shouldn't have and there's a reason the world hates America. Countries that were formerly a non threat are growing more powerful while America is losing it's economic power and influence in the world.

Militarily isn't the problem, it's keeping countries like Iran, China, N. Korea, Venezuela etc down and that has worn down the U.S.

It's only a matter of time before Iran gets a nuke (if they don't already have one) and then Israel is going to bomb the living **** out of them and it's on and poppin for WWIII.

I'm glad I have at least lived 30+ years, I feel sorry for the next coming generations.
            God bless your Wife for her service, and God bless you Cuauht for your support bruh. I agree that we havent been without fault in the state of affairs in the world today, but we are not the only players in the game as well my man. It's time for the rest of the world to begin standing up, and shouldering the burden/responsibility of freedom as well, and that includes the countries that are harboring the individuals at war with us.

Comment

there is no war that is ever worth the cost, even the Civil War. Slavery could have ended without 600,000 lives being lost

Comment

look at the American economy... was it worth it lol!

NOPE!

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                  look at the American economy... was it worth it lol!

NOPE!
                  Look at the economy on a Global scale. I may not agree with everything that the Iraqi war produced(or consumed for that matter), but the lives lost and forever changed where not over nothing/something IMHO.

Comment

Maybe so, man. But I'm glad he's dead, after all the Kurdish people he gassed and poisoned to death.

Comment

Working...
                    X