Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum says he doesn't have the budget to do Crawford/Brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saying that the budget is not there is one way of saying that the fight would fail money wise. And having been caught by one Brit no hoper he is not going to get caught by another. Maybe Crawford should fight Horn again, apparently that fight did well.

Comment

Sounds like he's saying don't expect Khan money to Brook more than anything to me.

And he's saying get ready for Bud vs some guy who's name you can't pronounce to the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        How much is Kell Brook asking to get paid?

He's not exactly a big star anymore. Mostly irrelevant at this point. Even in England.
        I'm guessing you gotta offer Khan money to get a guy with a half robot face now to get punched in his robot face one more time.

I think Brook shoulda retired by default after that 2nd orbital situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I'm guessing you gotta offer Khan money to get a guy with a half robot face now to get punched in his robot face one more time.

I think Brook shoulda retired by default after that 2nd orbital situation.
          How can Brook justify asking for Khan money?

He is a complete no-name in the U.S. at this point. Amir at least had some name value, even if just from getting murked by Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
            PBC is about to lose money on Spence/Porter no different than Top Rank losing money on Crawford/Khan
            I gotta agree with this comment .
            I know I'm not Paying to watch Spence / Porter .
            I'd be surprised if it does 300k buys .

Comment

What a load of bs from Arum.

Didn't he just pay Tyson Fury $10 million to beat up a tomato can??? Now he says he has no budget LOL!

Why on earth did Crawford resign with Top Rank? The worst decision he has made for his career!

Comment

This shouldn't happened if Arum have let Crawford fight pac.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                  Brook should take the fight anyway. Getting to fight Crawford is a big opportunity.
                  Big opportunity how? He’d take a huge lopsided loss and if it’s on PPV, nobody sees it. If it’s on DAZN, nobody sees it.

It’s lose/lose for both guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Sounds like he's saying don't expect Khan money to Brook more than anything to me.

And he's saying get ready for Bud vs some guy who's name you can't pronounce to the fans.
                    Ironically, Egidijus Kavaliauskas is WBO’s #1 ranked welterweight. And he just took a draw against Ray “hype killer” Robinson.

Egidijus Kavaliauskas Is one of those names I’m not even going to try.

Comment

Arum may have to settle for Clottey, Liam Smith, Josesito Lopez for the time being ... maybe go after Mikey Garcia down the road ... or maybe try Swift again. Keep Crawford busy with gatekeepers at least.

He might make a Brook fight work in Brook's hometown with the UK fans. They'll likely give support to Brook in one more shot at a champ. Couldn't be PPV but Arum/ESPN/UK Partner should be able to make that work. Brook would put up a better fight than Khan (Con).

Arum should be suing Khan, lol. He should have had it in the contract that Khan had to put up a minimum eight rounds to get his money. LoL.

Comment

Working...
                      X