Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heads Up! Your Driver’s License Needs a Star If You Want To Travel Next Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads Up! Your Driver’s License Needs a Star If You Want To Travel Next Year

If you don’t have a gold star on your state-issued ID or driver’s license, it won’t be considered a valid form of identification when you travel after October 2020. Travelers will need to update their state-issued ID or driver’s license to comply with the 2005 REAL ID act, which has created minimum security standards for state-issued IDs.

According to the Department of Public Security website, Real ID compliant cards are marked with a star which appears in the upper right corner above the expiration date. You can find out if your ID is compliant through the DPS website. If your ID doesn’t have a star, you can always apply for a new state ID or driver’s license online.

https://www.dhs.gov/real-id

Beginning October 2020, all travelers over the age of 18 will need to have a REAL ID card. Don’t have an ID card with you? No worries, you can use other forms of identity documents approved by TSA such as:

Department of Homeland Security trusted traveler card
    U.S. Department of Defense ID
    U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card
    Valid U.S. Passport
    Permanent Resident Card

It is important to know that you will not be allowed to fly if you have no acceptable form of ID such as the ones above. Along with temporary driver’s license, noncompliant state IDs, and weapon permits will not be accepted. Once the changes go into effect on October 1, 2020, travelers who can’t prove who they are with one of the acceptable forms, will not be allowed past TSA. Children under the age of 18 will not be subject to this scrutiny if traveling with an adult.

Comment

Yup got mines.

Comment

So these are the freedoms the soldiers went to Afghanistan & Iraq to fight for?

Comment

Another step closer... incrementally getting us to submit.

I got a passport, licenses, my old job has my hand and eye identifiers stored.

Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
            Another step closer... incrementally getting us to submit.

I got a passport, licenses, my old job has my hand and eye identifiers stored.

Yep.
            Dump your computer and cell phone while you're at it.

Comment

Always used my passport... but stupid law, either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                So these are the freedoms the soldiers went to Afghanistan & Iraq to fight for?
                Which one of your freedoms are you callling into question?

Comment

Some y'all motha****as getting deported.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    Which one of your freedoms are you callling into question?
                    Are you a conservative?

Comment

Working...
                    X