Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: I Will Do Five Divisions, 147 is Gonna Happen!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: I Will Do Five Divisions, 147 is Gonna Happen!

Four division world champion Mikey Garcia (38-0, 30 KOs) has promised to invade the welterweight division in the near future. Last Saturday night in Texas, Garcia won a twelve round unanimous decision over Sergey Lipinets to capture the IBF junior welterweight world title. Garcia also holds the WBC lightweight title, and captured world titles at featherweight and super featherweight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think his unbeaten run will end at 147. Not even sure he will beat everyone at 140.

Comment

he might meet his match at 147

Comment

Garica only fighting people on paper he can beat. There good fighters at 135 and 140 but he tiptoe around them to fight paper champs. He's a good person C class fighter and weak champ.

Comment

wow Garcia thinks he has skills and touted himself as the best by beating class c fighter in Broner and almost beat by inexperience 13 pro fights by unknown fighter who busted his nose...Keep dreaming your 0 loss will end facing at 140lb elites moreso at 147lbs where the best will render you brain damage...Lomachenko is facing a solid contender in Linares...Now you have to face the winner of that bout..don't chicken out...You gain the 4rth title by fighting class c fighters...your fellow mexican Morales, Marquez and Barrera are the best by fighting the elites and the best in their division....

Comment

Danny Garcia first, then one of the Top 3: Thurman, Spence Jr., or Crawford! Once at 147, 135 is done! 140 is always possible, if it's the right opponent!

Comment

Garcia can't put on weight. Will have to bring back Ariza, he's just a fatty right now and will get fatter.

Comment

He'll wait for a Jeff Horn type guy or someone who wins a vacant title against a no-namer

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  Garcia can't put on weight. Will have to bring back Ariza, he's just a fatty right now and will get fatter.
                  Kind of get that feeling with Mikey, just can't see how he would carry more weight. I remember how soft JMM looked when he tried to make 147, and get that feeling with Mikey at 140 already.

147 a much higher profile division though, and he might be able to pull it off, so worth a try I guess.

I think test the weight out vs someone other than Spence though. Horn would be perfect.

Comment

While I wholeheartedly agree with his assessment of the contenders in the welterweight division, Mikey is simply not ready to face any of them; not even a Jeff Horn IMO. Skills pay the bills, but if you are soft in the body, have zero head movement, you will be out-muscled and punished in the welterweight division. Mikey needs to focus on 140 for now. Fight Prograis next.

Comment

Working...
                    X