No announcement yet.

Is the IBO a world title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoliviaChiLEsp View Post
    Do you recognize IBO Belt as a World Champion?

As far as I know there are just 4 recognised organizations: WBA, WBC, WBO and IBF but Golovkin and Klitschko (now Fury) always carry this belt.

What do you think about it?

Please, God No! No more belts. We have about 70 supposed world champions now. With another organization, it would get close to 100. Just stop.

For God's sake.

STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
      IBO title is no less a world title than Rosie O'Donnell is a women. I mean yeah, it's legit, but I wouldn't brag about having it around my waist.
      Yeah how many years you been a FAN too I would like to know? You can match my 50 years (52 fights)?
      It started "modern" w/WBC & WBA. My team mate Marlon Starling was king of the Welters back then. You talking going back to only 1988. Next: IBF Next: WBO (takes how long to be accepted?? First the body,....below hvy., then the head..= Hvy). How did the IBO gain? IBF came in quickly when Larry Holmes accepted their belt. How did IBO come in? Thru paying off Antonio Tarver /whom at-the-time....was "hot"!
      The question to ask I may-as-well..."wear out" on you: Q..do we need FOUR groups? A: No (of course not) Next question you COULD READ MY MIND! Group-5..their IS NO ROOM FOR IT!
      I won't expound down to the "last nail" right now..but..I have a work to manifest what I am saying here. What we do is to echelon the.. "the..whole of the Sport......" Two echelons. '1e' leave basically alone. '2e' is a FIVE USA STATES VALUE (approx). Male league only. "World titles" only. '2e' must advertise!
      Gennady is a "Novice fan". Wlad. K. was SAME! [what's the odds in re- vs Tfury?]..so far I HAVEN'T READ ANYTHING conclusive that..binds T.fury as being a "IBO"-er- (I'm on "look out" there...no metion in all AP title win stories! Only see it within the IBO itself!)
      The WBC WBA IBF WBO are GUILTY of poor leadership it appear! "WHO" allow IBO to stay ON with Wlad? Now, with gg?
      The harm that's done is reflected in the lack of coverage we see in ALL ("every")print newspaper in the world!
      I myself am for the '2e'. Only thing lacking is a "true" administration. They register with me I will fill out the detain! ('C' cls complication). Men's league only. "World titles" only! johnwilkinson04@iCloud.com (I'm a "pro" making a comeback, too)

Comment

**** no. Only reason it even had any attention was because Wlad held onto it. Its a piece of garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I think football is bigger than boxing & that has been made to work. Granted it has more of a built in structure from high school to college to the NFL although its not like it always worked like that, but my main point is structurally all you need is the top 300-500 or so fighters under the same umbrella & you can control the sport. I mean look at what HBO Boxing had made possible at their height. They represented elite professional boxing like this fictional entity I'm suggesting they just didn't do anything with it. If HBO Boxing had been willing & able to influence the sport more instead of just showing it they'd have been an NFL of boxing legitly.
          Matt Damon

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X