No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather is Scared of Pacquiao, Says Roach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
    big j you hit the nail on the head!!!!!!! this cat pac put on 17lbs of muscle in 18 months. and people say they accuse him of using peds with no proof. you used a very good example of why a lot of people in boxing think pac is juicing. and add the fact that roach has a history of boxers testing positive for peds. there is no fighter in the history of boxing that has moved up seven wt classes and got stronger and faster NEVER!!!!!!! i'll say it once and for all, manny is DIRTY and thats why he wont fight PBF ariza cant get him past OST so roach is trying to drum up public support to force floyd to drop his OST demands. shane took the test and more and more of the public is asking why pac wont take the test if he is in fact a clean fighter.
    people love regurgitating what they hear without actual proof. how bout you do your research and make an educated case as to why you believe that. also, since when did all these people become experts on steroids and PEDs? instead of beating the drums on "facts" you cant prove, and restating the same overused accusations, come back and post some educated response. theres plenty of d** riding fanboys in here... no need for more.

here is some stuff to think about:
    2005: pac vs morales I @ 130lbs (pac weighed 139 on fight night)
    2006: pac vs morales III @ 130lbs (pac weighed 144 on fight night)
    2008: pac vs marquez II @ 130lbs (pac weighed 145 on fight night)
    2008: pac vs diaz @ 135lbs (pac weighed 147 on fight night)
    2008: pac vs oscar @ 145lbs (pac weighed 148 on fight night)

source: http://theboxingtruth.com/article.php?id=1310

again, everything is speculation... but at least this guy backs up his claims.
    my opinion is pac SHOULD have taken the tests. if the public demanded it, and it was required to make the fight happen then he shouldve taken it.
    him refusing only makes him look bad... but until it is proven, its ignorant to use these false claims as actual facts. IMO pacquiao ko's people with his speed and angles... not his power. not once has one of his defeated opponents said he was a devastating puncher, they all said they were overwhelmed and the pressure was too much... clottey was never hurt or intimidated by pac's power... he was gun-shy because he didnt want to get caught with something. cotto was overwhelmed and got caught.... ricky got caught as well (ricky never had a strong chin, collazo wobbled ricky a few times)... and oscar was never hurt by pac, oscar just couldnt deal with the amount of punches being thrown.

Comment

manny has the most carefully orcastrated career in the history of the fight game! i said it once but feel compelled to re-state this fact. in a sport that is majority black manny has managed to NOT fight any black fighters. some of you will say "he just fought clottey" but clottey does not fight like a usa black fighter. what i mean by that is black fighters use a lot of lateral movement they are trained to fight off the stick and move principle. not the straight ahead style employed by most mexican fighters. how is that possible? how do you go years and years without meeting black fighters in the ring. there is only one conclusion, manny has DUCKED black fighters his whole career. thats a fact. and if he had met barrera when he was in his prime he would have been knocked out!!!!! he has consistantly picked fighters taylor made for his style. the lone exception is JMM and you saw how much trouble JMM gave him.
      wow... more ignorant racist claims? prove your point then... who were the highest rated/ranked BLACK fighters in featherweight, lightweight, & jr welterweight when manny was on his way up????

2005 manny was campaigning as a featherweight:
      here were the rankings:

FEATHERWEIGHTS (2005)
      Weight Limit: 126 pounds
      Champ: MANNY PACQUIAO
      1. JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ
      2. INJIN CHI
      3. ROCKY JUAREZ
      4. SCOTT HARRISON
      5. VICTOR POLO

*** which BLACK contender did he duck???

JR. LIGHTWEIGHTS (2005)
      Weight Limit: 130 pounds
      Champ: Vacant
      1. MARCO ANTONIO BARRERA
      2. ERIK MORALES
      3. JESUS CHAVEZ
      4. VICENTE MOSQUERA
      5. YODSANAN NANTHACHAI

**** again, for him to move up, where is the BLACK contender he would duck????

in 2006 & 2007 he was transitioning up to lightweight.
      who was the BLACK fighter he ducked? the top 5 lightweights were HISPANIC. casamayor, juan diaz, david diaz, santa cruz, julio diaz, & nate campbell.... are you gonna say he ducked campbell?? LOL, please....

in 2008, manny fought at 130 & 135 but didnt stay long.
      he fought marquez & david diaz, both were highly ranked.
      then he jumped up to fight oscar on december @ 145lbs.
      the only notable BLACK fighter he couldve fought was mosley at WW.
      shane was ranked #3, cotto #2, margarito #1...

from then, he went on to jr. welter and welterweight...
      AND he was the #1 p4p.... so who was he ducking????
      paul williams?? shane mosley??? everyone was guilty of ducking them.
      bottom line, pac was #1 p4p.... he deserves to call the shots.

either way, he went on to fight cotto & clottey...

seriously, get the f** outta here with that race card bullsh**...
      who else had highly orchestrated careers? ROY JONES & FLOYD. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
        Keep in mind that JMM is on the short list of Pacquaio's next opponent. However, I would bet everything that I own that they would force him to come to 147, where they know he won't be as effective by looking at the Mayweather fight.
        of course they would, manny established himself at WW... if its good enough for floyd it should be good enough for pac right???? or will you discredit JMM, or claim floyd "damaged" him. LOL.

Comment

how many times did he fight joel cassamayor? how many times did he fight j. guzman? how many times did he fight z, raheem? how many times did he fight n, campbell? how many times did he fight k, holt? he holds the title at 140lbs and there is no talk of him fighting tim bradley why? if he is a take all comers type of fighter why has he not fought these and PLENTY other fighters? is it "dumbass race ****" or do the facts speak loud and clear. if i called myself a world class swimmer and yet never challenged any white swimmers would you say i was ducking the best swimmers out there? of course you would! look at the ring ratings and look at all those fighters pac has AVOIDED. then look at the past ratings and look at the class pac was in and SEE all the black fighters he AVOIDED. after you look at the moutain of evidence and see ALL the fighters he has DUCKED past and present, if you still think im a dickhead then you refuse to see fact. his former promoter was quoted as saying he specifically manuvered pac away from certain fighters. look at his past fights they all employ the same style and styles make fights. go ahead i dare you. look at all the fights that could have been made between pac and tons of good fighters. AVOIDED I DARE U!!
          WOW. apparently, for pac to get your respect, he would have to clean out all fighters from rank 1-10 his whole transition up to WW??!?! from 2005-2008, you expect him to fight EVERY fighter?!?! you discredit the way he knocked out legitimate fighters on his way up? tim bradley, campbell, raheem would have been high risk - low reward fights... plus, NOBODY would put those guys on PPV... honestly, would you fight them just to prove a point??? just to appease some bitter fan?? boxing is a business, name one fighter that cleaned out every fighter in every division he was in. on top of that, the first 2 names you mentioned were HISPANIC fighters. LOL. they are far from BLACK AMERICAN style fighters.

you act like he is the ONLY fighter that skips tough fights for more lucrative ones... its called matchmaking. its part of the game, but dont try to make pac look like he is the worst offender. LOL.

FLOYD & ROY are notorious for their matchmaking. i am a fan of BOTH.

Comment

• Here's the truth folks:

Joe Goosen, Legendary Boxing Trainer:

"I just think Pacquiao is a juggernaut right now... and I would just say that maybe that's the reason (Floyd's) throwing up all these smokescreens and roadblocks because he (Floyd) doesn't wanna get in the ring with him (Pac)... (Floyd) should just say yes to the fight, forget all the testing, this guy's (Pac) not on drugs. There's a little air there in all this that's just not right."

Bert Sugar, Boxing Historian and ESPN Analyst:

"A convenient way out for Mayweather"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M_wa...eature=related

Al Bernstein, Showtime Boxing Analyst:

“It seems patently obvious to me that Floyd and his minions killed the Pacquiao fight. The bottom line is that the fight was basically a done deal before they decided to inject the demands for blood testing into the picture. Pure and simple, Golden Boy and Floyd and his advisers created the problem, and it ended up killing the fight.”

Dan Rafael from ESPN:

"Mayweather shouldn't be making accusations without a shred of proof as he tries to discredit all of Pacquiao's great accomplishments, nor should he try to circumvent the Nevada rules by asking for blood tests when the commission has never asked for them."

Larry Holmes, Heavyweight Champion:

"I wish I could see Mayweather and Pacquiao fight, but what they're (Floyd's camp) doing right now is hurting boxing because people want to see the fight... They're trying to bring up stuff that is taking away from the fight with drug tests and accusations... I don't get it."

Thomas Hauser, HBO.com:

"There were times during the past month when the conduct of Team Mayweather had the look of an effort to sabotage the fight. A negotiator who wants to make a deal doesn’t go out of his way to antagonize and publicly embarrass the other side. But that’s what the Mayweathers and Golden Boy did."

Jim Strickland, David Diaz's Trainer/retired licensed pharmacist

“I don’t see any reason of accusing Manny of using illegal drugs in our fight.”

Timothy Bradley, WBO/WBC Jr. Welterweight Champion:

"I don't think Manny is on anything. He's just on top of his game right now."

James Toney, Multi division Champion:

"Who is Mayweather to ask for the tests? Why didn’t he ask Marquez? Manny’s not on 'roids."

Mike Silver, noted Boxing Historian:

"I think it fell apart because basically Mayweather never wanted to fight Pacquiao. He wants to continue and fight guys he can beat and fool the public.

Roy Jones, Jr.:

"Hell naw. Why change the rules on me? Because I'm coming up in weight means I'm doing steroids? They're giving you a test for that anyway. It would be something that would aggravate me because then after I beat you, I was on something, don't play with me. Either you want to fight or you don't want to fight."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogig View Post
              Here's the truth folks:

Joe Goosen, Legendary Boxing Trainer:

"I just think Pacquiao is a juggernaut right now... and I would just say that maybe that's the reason (Floyd's) throwing up all these smokescreens and roadblocks because he (Floyd) doesn't wanna get in the ring with him (Pac)... (Floyd) should just say yes to the fight, forget all the testing, this guy's (Pac) not on drugs. There's a little air there in all this that's just not right."

Bert Sugar, Boxing Historian and ESPN Analyst:

"A convenient way out for Mayweather"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M_wa...eature=related

Al Bernstein, Showtime Boxing Analyst:

“It seems patently obvious to me that Floyd and his minions killed the Pacquiao fight. The bottom line is that the fight was basically a done deal before they decided to inject the demands for blood testing into the picture. Pure and simple, Golden Boy and Floyd and his advisers created the problem, and it ended up killing the fight.”

Dan Rafael from ESPN:

"Mayweather shouldn't be making accusations without a shred of proof as he tries to discredit all of Pacquiao's great accomplishments, nor should he try to circumvent the Nevada rules by asking for blood tests when the commission has never asked for them."

Larry Holmes, Heavyweight Champion:

"I wish I could see Mayweather and Pacquiao fight, but what they're (Floyd's camp) doing right now is hurting boxing because people want to see the fight... They're trying to bring up stuff that is taking away from the fight with drug tests and accusations... I don't get it."

Thomas Hauser, HBO.com:

"There were times during the past month when the conduct of Team Mayweather had the look of an effort to sabotage the fight. A negotiator who wants to make a deal doesn’t go out of his way to antagonize and publicly embarrass the other side. But that’s what the Mayweathers and Golden Boy did."

Jim Strickland, David Diaz's Trainer/retired licensed pharmacist

“I don’t see any reason of accusing Manny of using illegal drugs in our fight.”

Timothy Bradley, WBO/WBC Jr. Welterweight Champion:

"I don't think Manny is on anything. He's just on top of his game right now."

James Toney, Multi division Champion:

"Who is Mayweather to ask for the tests? Why didn’t he ask Marquez? Manny’s not on 'roids."

Mike Silver, noted Boxing Historian:

"I think it fell apart because basically Mayweather never wanted to fight Pacquiao. He wants to continue and fight guys he can beat and fool the public.

Roy Jones, Jr.:

"Hell naw. Why change the rules on me? Because I'm coming up in weight means I'm doing steroids? They're giving you a test for that anyway. It would be something that would aggravate me because then after I beat you, I was on something, don't play with me. Either you want to fight or you don't want to fight."

good post. but apparently, opinions of boxing analysts, historians, trainers, and actual boxers arent enough for these accusers... but i guess it really is "guilty until proven innocent".

Comment

• Originally posted by dreadIknight View Post
                I have a suggestion for Team Pacquiao, a way for them to show the world that Floyd is indeed afraid of Pac. Agree to the blood testing stipulation put forth by Team Mayweather. If they did that and Floyd comes up with an excuse, I'll agree that Floyd is indeed scared. It's simple.
                Isn't the above an excuse already?

Comment

• Originally posted by dreadIknight View Post
                  I have a suggestion for Team Pacquiao, a way for them to show the world that Floyd is indeed afraid of Pac. Agree to the blood testing stipulation put forth by Team Mayweather. If they did that and Floyd comes up with an excuse, I'll agree that Floyd is indeed scared. It's simple.
                  Yup, this is the only way to prove that Floyd doesn't want this fight. I'm still hoping that Team Pac will suddenly announce that Pac will be willing to get tested.

Lol. I could guarantee that Floyd would come up with some concocted illness or something.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X