Top 5 Greatest Comedians

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoomBapTrap View Post
    I really tried to like Pryor man.
    But, I never laughed at any of his stand up. Maybe a chuckle here and there. But nothing like the results of watching fellas like Rock or Chappelle.

I’ll go back and watch him again and try to put my finger on it but for the most part I thought he was just boring.

Actually just watched a bit of him, he’s rudimentary.
    Very basic, cliche, elementary delivery and jokes.
    But I’m aware that back then that may have been groundbreaking, but it just hasn’t aged well. Not even close to as sophisticated and witty as Carlin’s.
    Not all his stuff is haha. Some of it is. He is a gifted mimick and his Red Bone Persona... A lot of layers to him. And yes he opened the door to guys like Rock and Murphy...I would put Chapelle somewhere else. Very talented as well. Actually Chapelle has elements of Pryer's introspection, but not the same elements as Eddie murphy for example who is more like a different aspect of Pryer.

If you want haha pryer his early concerts before the freebase disaster has a lot of those elements.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
      The funniest person to have ever lived is Robin Williams. He could make a statue laugh.
      For some reason never cared for him. Sellers s h it s on him! lol.

Comment

Red Foxx
        Lenny Bruce
        Richard Pryor
        George Carlin

hmmm?

Comment

Originally posted by BoomBapTrap View Post
          You only say that because he is the biggest comedic star out at the moment. The same way somebody will sit there and say “Drake is trash” when the success and numbers would say otherwise.

Men lie, women lie.
          Number’s don’t.
          No, I think he's a good entertainer and hustler but his stand up isn't anywhere near the likes of Carlin, Rock, Burr, Louis CK, and probably like 25-30 active comics right now.

Drake actually backs up the numbers with real talent, can't compare them.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            No, I think he's a good entertainer and hustler but his stand up isn't anywhere near the likes of Carlin, Rock, Burr, Louis CK, and probably like 25-30 active comics right now.

Drake actually backs up the numbers with real talent, can't compare them.

Maybe you don’t like him, but he’s still incredibly hilarious and talented in his field of comedy.

Same way I understand the recognition Pryor has, but just doesn’t suit my liking.

Kevin Hart by the way is still creating material, he’s on top of the comedy world. Even Chappelle acknowledges it.

Lmao, Hart is much better than stand up comedian than Louis CK.

Comment

Im not a comedy person and only stand up I found funny were the first Katt Williams show where he talks about weed and old school Dave Chappelle. You guys need to check out the one where he imitates a Korean liqour store owner funny as fuk lol

Joe Pesci isnt a comedian but he is the only character on TV that makes me laugh hard.

Joe Pesci and Al Bundy

Comment

Don Rickles was hysterical.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  Yeah we missed out on some great material if he were still around. He was great in The Office too.
                  Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Patrice O'neal was so darn funny. Sucks he passed away cause I would of loved to hear his take on how re-tarded and PC this world has become. I went to a live show of his after returning from a tour in Afghanistan, I was front row and this dude had me in tears laughing
                  Can you recommend a patrice o neal special? People really hype him up but he was ok imo. The only special i saw was "elephant in the room" i think it was called.

Comment

Originally posted by Vodkaholic View Post
                    Can you recommend a patrice o neal special? People really hype him up but he was ok imo. The only special i saw was "elephant in the room" i think it was called.
                    Elephant in the room was his only hour long special but he has a lot of stand up on youtube. Dude was hilarious. He also has a ton of radio show stuff on youtube as well. I bought a special he did that was turned into just audio, Mr.P i think it was called

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      Patrice O'neal was so darn funny. Sucks he passed away cause I would of loved to hear his take on how re-tarded and PC this world has become. I went to a live show of his after returning from a tour in Afghanistan, I was front row and this dude had me in tears laughing
                      Patrice was great for sure.
                      Lavelle Crawford can really split ur sides too, one of a kind delivery and voice.

Groucho Marx
                      Don Rickles
                      Nipsy Russel

They’re at least the three I’ve listened to the most lately.

Comment

Working...
                      X