Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Fury: David Price is Two Years Behind Tyson!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Fury: David Price is Two Years Behind Tyson!

Don't hold your breath for a fight between unbeaten British heavyweights David Price and Tyson Fury, at least in the near future. Fury plans to return on December 1 and then he has big plans for 2013, with Price not exactly being in that mix.

Peter Fury, the uncle and trainer of Tyson, doesn't see any reason, in the immediate future, to fight Price. He says Price is not highly ranked and has yet to face top level competition. Team Fury is focused on putting Tysin in line for a fight with WBC champion Vitali Klitschko. Tyson is ranked in the fourth position.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is very funny coming from Fury's camp. The only 'live' opponent he's fought was a fat Chisora. He's only had 4 fights more! - C'mon. Get in the ring and prove who's the best.

Comment

They have zero chance of getting a mandatory shot at Vitali, the Arreola-Stiverne winner gets that spot and by the time the next mandatory after that comes around Vitali will be retired.

To me it seems like Fury's team prefer for him to face guys who are about 5 inches shorter, so you'd imagine they'll target Povetkin rather than Vitali.

Comment

team fury - i want no part of david price

Comment

Tyson Fury will fight David Price when his conditioning is 100%, when he's at his best.

He said today he's 70% where he wants to be

he's looking near enough in as good a shape as price now

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            Tyson Fury will fight David Price when his conditioning is 100%, when he's at his best.

He said today he's 70% where he wants to be

he's looking near enough in as good a shape as price now

Question is, has he learnt how to box? His footwork, jab, guard, posture all need addressing.

I'm not saying Price is a complete fighter, but at least he's up to speed on some of the above. If he can work on his posture, too, he'll be really difficult to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              Question is, has he learnt how to box? His footwork, jab, guard, posture all need addressing.

I'm not saying Price is a complete fighter, but at least he's up to speed on some of the above. If he can work on his posture, too, he'll be really difficult to hit.
              he certainly seems to have improved those attributes in his last couple, I know people will say "oh it's only rogan and maddelone" but 12 months ago fury would have been in a sloppy mess of a fight against those guys, where he dispatched them clinically

to say the lad is not improving a lot is ignorance imo

Comment

Team Fury will never man up and face Price.

I think it will happen once Fury takes a loss or the opportunity is too good to refuse. I really don't see these meeting for a while.

I couldn't really care what condition Fury is in, that's the least of his worries.

Comment

Team fury are making horrible excuses up - Price will pass him up shortly, and fury will lose to a live dog and there goes the fight - Rogan / Mcdermitt / etc is a real step up in class? Price is not 2 years behind Fury - no way, this type of shyt is whats killing the sport..

Comment

So, Price hasn't moved up to fighting Belfast cab drivers yet? How can Fury and his camp say such ridiculous comments and still keep a straight face? Better yet how can any knowledgeable boxing writer or even a fan listen to them without busting out in a fit of hysterical laughter? Like I did while reading his silly drivel.

Comment

Working...
                    X