No announcement yet.

What is next for Miguel Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is next for Miguel Cotto?

i'm assuming pacquiao will fight marquez later this year. floyd will probably fight later this year against maybe khan. canelo is fighting pwill. i'm guessing he will return by the end of the year in new york. who do you see him fighting? he's got a relationship now with golden boy. so maybe ortiz? kirkland?

Low risk Tuneup before fighting Canelo in May 2012.

I'd say winner of Spinks/K9.

A lot of other options too:

Sergio
    Chavez Jr.
    Lara
    Molina

But I think as far as 2012 goes, take a winnable fight. A 2 fight losing streak could cost him.

Comment

Sergio Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        Sergio Martinez.
        Lol, Ok................ Anyways Cotto has so many options right now but not a lot of them are elite in the Pac or Mayweather mode.

Comment

i dont see any reason why he cant fight martinez at 154 next.

Comment

vanes martirosyan

Comment

I say retire, He fought everyone, sure he can go ahead and fight Sergio at 154 but I dont think he can beat Sergio, so there isnt really anyone else to fight and they wont put Canelo in with Cotto, so the only option is to retire or fight Sergio then retire. Cotto is young but he has been in some serious wars.

Comment

My guess is that he will return in December in New York against Martinez, Chavez Jr, Cornelious Bundrage or Victor Ortiz. One of those four wil be his next opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                  My guess is that he will return in December in New York against Martinez, Chavez Jr, Cornelious Bundrage or Victor Ortiz. One of those four wil be his next opponent.
                  That woul be a good fight!! Money leftovers!!

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                    I say retire, He fought everyone, sure he can go ahead and fight Sergio at 154 but I dont think he can beat Sergio, so there isnt really anyone else to fight and they wont put Canelo in with Cotto, so the only option is to retire or fight Sergio then retire. Cotto is young but he has been in some serious wars.
                    He said he will fight for 3 more years. At this point he is without question the 3rd biggest PPV star in boxing. All his fights from now on are guranteed to reach 400K + no matter who he faces and the rematches against Maweather and Pacquiao are still there for him in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X