Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am i the only who feels Tate is being sold short...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i the only who feels Tate is being sold short...

Against rousey? People act like they are in different leagues...

I disagree. I believe tate is an equally skilled fighter, who does belong in that cage, and can win.

She has a night and day advantage in standup striking. Her only fukup in the last fight, something she needs to keep in mind for this one, is to not rush in right into a clinch, due to adrenaline/hyped up or whatever. Rather, she needs to slow/calm down, keep her distance and exploit the advantage. If the fight stays standing up, its tate all day.

As far as the ground game, miesha's jiu jitsu skills are being ignored/overlooked. She's very skilled on the ground. Rousey is an olympian, so its no cake walk, but even then, Tate was able to get rousey in very compromising positions, including taking her back.

All in all, rousey wasn't that effective (in the sense that people seem to think rousey dominated/controlled tate).

Rousey will be sorely mistaking if she thinks she is '3x the fighter' that miesha is, and doesn't feel Tate can beat her and doesn't need to game plan. Tate has faced her, knows exactly what rousey has to offer, what she will try to do, what her strengths are, etc.

I expect a very competitive fight, and I suspect rousey will lose.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tate won, I'll tell you that. She's the only one who has escaped from a Rousey armbar so far, from what I've seen, at least the first attempt. I think Rousey will pull it out again, but I agree it will be competitive.

Comment

Rousey is the Royce Gracie of female MMA. Would not be suprised if Tate could pull it off. I dont know why she blitzd into a judokens clinch either. That was stuoid but she definitely could pull it out.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

So does that make Tate Ken Shamrock as in Royce/Ronda's biggest rival? I see what you mean though, dominating opponents with basically one style and easily out grappling most opponents. Don't get the Rousey anger though, must be jealousy or something.

Comment

Reading this thread has temporarily made me dumber. I am reading to keep on torturing myself... Keep bringing on the extra chromosome talk.

Comment

Working...
          X