Collapse
No announcement yet.

[VIDEO] Dawson: On why I lost against Ward...[VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This b1tch never stops with the excuses. I think when he fights Pascal it will be the first time I'll be rooting for a Canadian vs. an American. I can't bring myself to support a b1tch like Dawson.

Comment

In all fairness to Chad, I was there...what he was put through to make 168 was TERRiBLE...He did call Dre out but as often happens with fighters, they really do feel like they can make weight before they actually start doing it. Then that extra weight, especially those last few pounds, are often BRUTAL on the body and mind. As an amateur and pro every fighter has been there before at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
        In all fairness to Chad, I was there...what he was put through to make 168 was TERRiBLE...He did call Dre out but as often happens with fighters, they really do feel like they can make weight before they actually start doing it. Then that extra weight, especially those last few pounds, are often BRUTAL on the body and mind. As an amateur and pro every fighter has been there before at some point.
        There's no doubt he was drained but that doesn't matter. Hearing him make excuses is pathetic because he's the one who called Ward out and said he could do it. And he'd lose to Ward at 175 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
          There's no doubt he was drained but that doesn't matter. Hearing him make excuses is pathetic because he's the one who called Ward out and said he could do it. And he'd lose to Ward at 175 anyway.
          Dont be so quick; who knows how he will take the weight and or power from top LHW's. No to mention how he will hold the weight, how his movement will be. Dre is good, but dont give it to him before he test those waters...

Comment

I believe he may have been drained but I can't see Chad beating Ward at any weight...he's not busy enough and Ward is far too versatile in my opinion...

Comment

With all due respect, youre being too hard on this guy. It is not excuses...it is reasons, it is a factor...an excuse to me is when u lie or make up something to justify a loss. Hes not doing that here, hes just stating a fact of the matter. It happened, its real. No reason not to mention it after the fact...I see NOTHING wrong with explaining things that happened in the fight.

Comment

He said that he was willing to go down to 168. End of story.

On top of that it was Ward who was actually risking his title. Win or lose Chad got to keep his 175-lb title since it wasn't on the line.

Basically he had nothing to lose and everything to gain by fighting at super middle.

Comment

I've never fought competitively. I've never had to cut weight. But as an avid follower of the sport, it is CLEAR that there is a critical weight where cutting below that threshold results in diminished athletic performance. The fact that Andre Ward refused to give up TWO POUNDS to a guy coming down five pounds really tells you all you need to know. To then go ahead and say that weight doesn't make a difference because Chad agreed to go to 168 (which was pretty silly of him to do on live TV) is completely misguided, because the Ward camp clearly believed there is an inherent advantage to make Chad lose the final two pounds.

I don't know why Ward had so much leverage in negotiations to be honest. But I can understand him not wanting to fight at 170 if only his 168 title was on the line. Why did Pacquiao make Cotto fight for a 147 lb title at 145? Clearly one or two pounds can take a lot out of a fighter. I am not suggesting that Cotto would've beaten Pac at 147 (I think Pac wins there too) but the point is that fighters see a clear advantage in making their opponent lose those critical final pounds if they have the leverage to do so.

Obviously weight cutting is something most fighters have to deal with, and all-too-often it can be used an a convenient excuse, but when a guy who is already big for his weight class has (remember Nazim yelling during Hopkins-Dawson "this guys a cruiser hiding at light heavy!" haha) to lose SEVEN more pounds, and his trainer says it was hell, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Dawson wins, top 3 P4P. Nobody is on here making "excuses", he went to Ward's hometown, and beat him. Two Ring belts. Talk of everywhere.

Well, he didn't.

So Ward wasn't supposed to not go in kill mode after the hook in the 3rd round?

Whatever....

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      Dawson wins, top 3 P4P. Nobody is on here making "excuses", he went to Ward's hometown, and beat him. Two Ring belts. Talk of everywhere.

Well, he didn't.

So Ward wasn't supposed to not go in kill mode after the hook in the 3rd round?

Whatever....
                      Seems like Dawson was the only one who had anything to gain in this fight and nothing to lose. He got dominated and it's all blamed on the weight. He would've won, one of the best in the world. Ward doesn't get the credit he deserves for that win, he handled and dismantled Dawson, something no fighter has even come close to doing before.

Comment

Working...
                      X