No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teenage Boxer Collapes and Dies After Bout in Jakarta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony B. View Post
    Sad. That video is hard to watch. We can sit back here on BS and talk trash about certain fights or fighters, but this is a stark reminder of what can happen in the ring. Everyone who steps between the ropes takes that risk. From world champs to low-level club fighters, boxers are the bravest of athletes.
    RIP Kid.......
    Very True. More respect should be shown, especially if your just someone on the outside looking in. We love the sport, but many time some can be very disrespectful to an athlete who puts his or her life on the line.

Comment

Tragic news. It was horrifying to watch him collapse in his corner, knowing he'll never wake up. It was very careless of him to just put his hands up and look at the referee, you have to protect yourself at all times, he should have taken a knee and stay down for the count. But again, he only had 6 fights which is crazy considering he was fighting for a title.

Never forget that side of boxing guys, that's what fighters risk every time they step in the ring. Think about it before trashing them and calling them cowards.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony B. View Post
        Sad. That video is hard to watch. We can sit back here on BS and talk trash about certain fights or fighters, but this is a stark reminder of what can happen in the ring. Everyone who steps between the ropes takes that risk. From world champs to low-level club fighters, boxers are the bravest of athletes.
        RIP Kid.......
        Amen brother. Post of the week

Comment

R.I.P. Young warrior!

Comment

awww man what is with the other fighter? Even after the ref stops it he keeps wanting to hit him. That look on the kids face when the ref is holding him will haunt me for a long time.

Only 17 years old

Comment

Why the hell is a 17 year old with a record of 2-2-2 in a title fight? That kind of crap needs to stop.

Comment

terrifying to watch,the KID is 2 year older than my daughter it was very hard to watch,rip kiddo

Comment

Damn that's tough to watch.The kid looked as if he was sinking into death, the fight should of been stopped quicker.RIP

Comment

I just watched that footage. Damn that was very hard to watch knowing the end.

Rest in Peace young man.

Comment

You know what needs to stop? People with not that many fights taking on lower level or even world championship caliber fighters.
                      I see this in asian countries mostly. You have people with 3-4 fights or even making their debuts against people who've fought for world titles.
                      I remember Wongjakim was fighting people making their debuts just a couple of years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X