Outside of Donaire, Hasegawa might have the best single punch in boxing today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    His left hand is a punch?
    Yes, in whichever way he feels like throwing it.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
      Hasegawa's right hook is solid... It has been one of the best punches in boxing. Personally, I prefer Bute and Rigondeaux's counter left uppercuts to the body, Montiel's lead left hook, Mayweather's lead right cross, Kirkland's lead left cross to the body, and Donaire's counter left hook.
      ALL solid punches but all of them also usually take several shots to drop people, aside from Donaire's, which I've already mentioned.

Hasegawa's right hook is the finish line for fights. It's power is to the point that it is the ONLY punch he can end the fight with.

The rest of that list, outside from Mayweather, who used to employ the left hook to get people out of there, are people known for having a powerful punch period.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        My boy's chin ain't soft. He broke his jaw in the 1st round of the Montiel fight and continued on for as long as he did. That ain't a soft chin.

If I remember correctly though, didn't he get put down with a body shot in his latest loss? I don't recall clearly, I hate watching it.

Glad to see someone givin props to my boy. I love Hasegawa and that left straight, right hook combo is fierce! He puts down everyone that it connects with.
        I think Jhonny took him out with a headshot.Im the same have not watched the Gonazalez fight in a while.Watched the Montiel fight at the weekend it almost killed me

Comment

Is there video of his latest fight?

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
            Is there video of his latest fight?

Comment

Comment

Surprised some peeps brought up Rigo's name. I was just to mention him, you seen those mean body shots? Deadly ****... The funny thing tho is when they have a late reaction to it and can't get up . I remember when he fought Landeros, I think it was on ESPN. That night I felt like I was waiting forever for that fight to start but when it started and he dropped Landeros, I thought Landeros had a broken rib or something cause they just couldn't get him up. And he threw it from the outside too, it wasn't a short hook. This wasn't a late reaction one tho, it was insta drop. In that fight he was also throwing the jab which I'd love for him to do it more often instead of just flashing it. I felt sorry for the kid actually, it looked painful. If you haven't seen it look it up.

EDIT:

I also believe 6 of his 7 KOs have come via body shot, including Ramos.
                Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 04-09-2012, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X