Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire is the new Diego Corrales (may he rest in peace)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nonito Donaire is the new Diego Corrales (may he rest in peace)

Donaire is the new Diego Corrales (RIP): he beats up smaller guys with ease (Darchinyan, Montiel,....), but once he moves up in weight and fights guys his own size, it's GAME OVER.
    I didn't score the Donaire-Vazquez fight, but I felt Vazquez was landing the cleaner shots almost the whole fight. **** the silly HBO commentary and **** compubox punch stats, cause that is a load of bull**** lots of times. I didn't see Donaire landing all those punches in this fight, actually he didn't land **** 99 per cent of the time.
    I felt Vazquez won the fight, or a draw would be okay too. I'm not mexican, I'm just telling it how it is.
    Donaire fighting with his hands down and looking for countershots works only against smaller guys who can't touch him with their jabs. Once he fights a guy who has the same height and reach, Donaire gets punches in the face all night long (as seen in this fight).
    your thoughts on this?

Originally posted by raskat View Post
    Donaire is the new Diego Corrales (RIP): he beats up smaller guys with ease (Darchinyan, Montiel,....), but once he moves up in weight and fights guys his own size, it's GAME OVER.
    I didn't score the Donaire-Vazquez fight, but I felt Vazquez was landing the cleaner shots almost the whole fight. **** the silly HBO commentary and **** compubox punch stats, cause that is a load of bull**** lots of times. I didn't see Donaire landing all those punches in this fight, actually he didn't land **** 99 per cent of the time.
    I felt Vazquez won the fight, or a draw would be okay too. I'm not mexican, I'm just telling it how it is.
    Donaire fighting with his hands down and looking for countershots works only against smaller guys who can't touch him with their jabs. Once he fights a guy who has the same height and reach, Donaire gets punches in the face all night long (as seen in this fight).
    your thoughts on this?

it wasn't even close IMO.

and Nonito landed the better, crisper, cleaner shots

Comment

Nah man, he won the fight but I agree that he wasn't as good as most of us were expecting him to be. Donaire has a lot of room for improvement at 122, especially since his power wasn't something extraordinary against WV2, who actually proved that at least for the moment Nonito's power isn't translating to the 122 division.

The main problem with Nonito was that he was being tagged all night long by WV2's jab, and also that IMO he was in love with his power. Nonito entered the fight thinking that it was going to be the same that at 118, that with the first power hook he was going to drop his opponent, but that didn't happen tonight. Donaire should go back to basics, get a defined style (tonight it looked that he was moving through different boxing styles, that didn't help him at all) and actually try to improve his power at the division.

He should continue learning and improving as a boxer, not just as a puncher, and especially learn not to rely only on speed and power, but also on some good boxing technique. Just look at what happened to Juanma Lopez, he was so in love with his power that forgot everything about boxing basics and was KOd by Salido.
      Last edited by vacon04; 02-05-2012, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Donaire got his face f'd up pretty bad.

The common thing to say about boxing matches is that, coming out of a fight with a clean face while your opponent looks battered and bruised, doesn't exactly mean the clean guy won. But let me tell you, if I hadn't seen the fight, and Donaire and Vazquez come up to me, and Donaire told me he won, I'd laugh at him and call him a sore loser, cause I'd think WV beat him to a pulp.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          it wasn't even close IMO.

and Nonito landed the better, crisper, cleaner shots
          I have no idea which fight you saw. Donaire landed only SOME clean shots, while Vazquez landed definitely more clean shots. You remind me of this ****** Harold Lederman: "Donaire totally dominated the fight....". are you kidding me???

Comment

Donaire is a good fighter, but he will indeed find it tough going against top quality guy's who are his own size.

The match-making will probably be done correctly to build him up, there are certain guy's out there that could bring it crashing down though. They will be avoided for a while, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
              your thoughts on this?

you obviously didn't see the fight.

Comment

Comment

i didnt know diego corralles won titles in 4 divisions

Comment

I only just watched the fight , looks to me like Donaire got tired in the run he might wanna train harder if he wants to be at superstar level he cant be getting tired , I dont think it was as a bad a performance as people are making out , JNr lis a pretty good little fighter .

Comment

Working...
                    X