Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather: "I'll only fight Martinez at 150 lbs, I'll fight Cotto at 154."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL at the people who think Martinez is some world beater.
    The guy is an ok fighter but nothing special.

Margarito tko'd him.........

Floyd or Pacquiao don't have to go out of their way to make a fight with this guy.
    Who has Martinez beat?

Pavlik and Williams never impressed me.

Comment

*******s making up quotes...

Comment

Drew is right. That tread was here on boxing scene quoting Floyd saying he'll fight Martinez at 150.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
          Then you're calling Fat Dan a liar. And it don't get no more objective and official than big fat fat dan.
          This is how it went down basically

Reporter: Martinez has stated that he's willing to go down to 150 to fight you or Pacquiao. Are you willing to fight him in that weight?

Mayweather: Yes.

He didn't just state that number out of the blue the way it has been implied. Fastforward to post Cotto fight, and if Mayweather actually says it HAS to be 150, then you have a case. Until then, this is all been blown out of proportion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Drew is right. That tread was here on boxing scene quoting Floyd saying he'll fight Martinez at 150.
            I tried to change the title. I didn't mean to compose it like it was a singular quote from his mouth. Shouldn't have used quotes. It's simply set up to show which fights he was willing to take. I don't think it makes a difference, but the point wasn't to call Mayweather a d*ck.

However you want to view it. Mayweather is agreed to both those facts. He is documented as being willing to take Martinez at 150 and Cotto at 154. He did not sit down and answer a question about multiple fighters and weights. I am not claiming that.

Comment

Well, he's not.

When did Mayweather say; "I will ONLY fight Martinez at 150"? That right there is a quote directly out the TS ass.

When did Mayweather say; "I will only fight Martinez at 150, I'll fight Cotto at 154?"

When was that said?

How can you put quote marks on something like it's a direct quote from Floyd Mayweather when he hasn't said it?

Secondly, the thread is about a fan asking Dan Rafael about Mayweather's words in the media yet the title of the thread is a made up quote?

Thirdly, Mayweather has never said that he won't fight Martinez at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
                Then you're calling Fat Dan a liar. And it don't get no more objective and official than big fat fat dan.
                Im calling anybody a liar that states FLOYD ASKED FOR 150 to fight Sergio as opposed to it being asked of him by a reporter and he said sure he could fight him at the 150 that Pac refused ,,,,,,

You realize your talking about a MW WC here ,,, when are you going to start looking for some LH to beat Floyd , have you give up on your idol looking for little guys after ducking guys he cant weight drain , lol you hating kids are just so pathetic .

Comment

no, hes not right. floyd has never said he'll only fight martinez at 150. thats a made up quote. seriously whats wrong with u dudes?

Comment

Originally posted by immortal tech View Post
                    "I'll only fight Martinez at 150 lbs, I'll fight Cotto at 154."

give source of this quote or delete this BS
                    You'll never get a legit source, because he never said that. He responded to a reporter who told him that Martinez said he'd come down to 150 to face him, and would he be interested in that. He said something like "sure he'd fight him if he came down". Mayweather haters (pac fans) will take anything and put their own twist on it. But I don't expect anything less from them. They ignore facts and make up $#!t to help them sleep at night.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      no, hes not right. floyd has never said he'll only fight martinez at 150. thats a made up quote. seriously whats wrong with u dudes?
                      If he says he'll fight martinez at 150, are you telling me you think that also means he'll fight Martinez at 154? or 153? It means 150.

Comment

Working...
                      X