Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EFFECTIVE pressure=skills

Comment

Originally posted by SincereDaGreat View Post
      Seems like people are more into KO's but for a guy to stand in the pocket, slip, duck and roll punches while getting his off is more impressive for me personally than KO's in most cases.
      I agree, I loved when Evander fought in his prime especially that fight with Qawi, you had a bit of everything in that fight, that syle I have no problem with, the style I really do not care for is the high speed tag so to say, I mean okay Baldomir Mayweather that was a dominant performance but a **** one at the same time....
      Mayweather Judah and even though I dont think much of Judah it was a very interesting fight, and I beleive had the riot not happend Floyd would have stopped Judah late, after the fourth Floyd made two adjustments, he brought that left hand up cutting out Judahs right hook and jab, and he worked the body both sides... that was almost the best work at welter I have seen him operate at if not the best....

Then again there is the Cotto Judah fight as well... both styles if fought right can be very eye pleasing... but when its more the case of just being satisified with winning rounds and getting to the finish, I am not going to lie to myself... I just dont care to much for that...

if you have an opportunity to step on the gas why not speed up a little and see what else you can do especially when you have him beat in every other area as it sits.

Comment

Both are skilled but id say the slick boxers are more talented, but brawlers and bruisers that are good at it are also very talented at what they do, plus everyone rather see a war than a guy hitting and moving all night, atleast i do personally

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
          EFFECTIVE pressure=skills
          No I am not talking about how you like it in the ass..............

Just Kidding Larry I had to man.....

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
            Both are skilled but id say the slick boxers are more talented, but brawlers and bruisers that are good at it are also very talented at what they do, plus everyone rather see a war than a guy hitting and moving all night, atleast i do personally
            I wouldnt say they are more talented because there is no messuring stick really, I mean a prime tyson was the total package back in the day, once he left cus he became one demensional.

I think Slick boxers are a bit more disiplined in the ring though.. but then again you can say that about the bangers as well..

Comment

I guess Duran was a skill-less 1 Dimensional bum

Comment

Which is why Roberto Duran is my favorite fighter of all time. An aggressive beast who also happens to be one of the best defensive boxer ever.

Comment

I saw your boy fight, nice job.

The skill of infighting is an art performed in the trenches by dogs that were trained to fight, taste some blood and it's on........

When I was amatuer I was trained as a classic boxer. I was instructed to watch hours and hours of Ray Robinson fight films, I did watch those films over and over and with a fine mans help those moves were emulated and worked upon. Suddenly I was walking the ring and controling the bout using primarily my jab with good feints. After years of being Gregs protege' suddenly he was gone and I had basicfly nobody looking at me/training me.

After awhile I hooked up with a new trainer when planning my pro debut. This trainer transformed me into a terminator type pitbull in the ring, so violent and so brutal on both sides to learn this style of fighting. Constant pressure never letting your man rest. With this transformation came the need, not to knock them out neccesarily or to hurt them. Whatever it took I needed to feel that I had taken their heart. It's a great weapon of a pressure fighter and a great reward when their innevitable fate has been sealed and they know it. The confidence and heart drains from their eyes.

If I had your boy to train the first thing that I would do is get him to learn to control a fight with head movement and feints. He likes to jump in with his shots, more so he actually needs to jump in because he doesn't know how to work his way in yet.

From the Lamar bout it was obvious that he has experience. If he knew how to gain that extra little step forward to then use his constant aggression more effectively while throwing in a comfortable range. It's all in the headmovement and feints, that half a step needed is found in head movements and feints.

It takes time and it takes getting dotted on your eye because you were a second too slow to get comfortable in that pocket. I used a similar roll technique like James except but instead of setting back I always brought the fight to my opponent. Getting my feet aligned with the rolls was an awsome tool to have while rolling in. Use the feints and your headmovement to find his timing. Roll a shot and fire it back in bunches.

The constant pressure in time will actually make an opponent fire shots when you get inside of their comfort. Have your boy look for that range while applying pressure to get inside of his comfort zone. Standing just outside of that imaginary boundry and throw a feint. If the guy bites theres that one step needed. If he doesn't bite you work your way in/out using your eyes for shots incoming.

Wrote alot but I wanted you to fully get what I was saying..........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    I saw your boy fight, nice job.

The skill of infighting is an art performed in the trenches by dogs that were trained to fight, taste some blood and it's on........

When I was amatuer I was trained as a classic boxer. I was instructed to watch hours and hours of Ray Robinson fight films, I did watch those films over and over and with a fine mans help those moves were emulated and worked upon. Suddenly I was walking the ring and controling the bout using primarily my jab with good feints. After years of being Gregs protege' suddenly he was gone and I had basicfly nobody looking at me/training me.

After awhile I hooked up with a new trainer when planning my pro debut. This trainer transformed me into a terminator type pitbull in the ring, so violent and so brutal on both sides to learn this style of fighting. Constant pressure never letting your man rest. With this transformation came the need, not to knock them out neccesarily or to hurt them. Whatever it took I needed to feel that I had taken their heart. It's a great weapon of a pressure fighter and a great reward when their innevitable fate has been sealed and they know it. The confidence and heart drains from their eyes.

If I had your boy to train the first thing that I would do is get him to learn to control a fight with head movement and feints. He likes to jump in with his shots, more so he actually needs to jump in because he doesn't know how to work his way in yet.

From the Lamar bout it was obvious that he has experience. If he knew how to gain that extra little step forward to then use his constant aggression more effectively while throwing in a comfortable range. It's all in the headmovement and feints, that half a step needed is found in head movements and feints.

It takes time and it takes getting dotted on your eye because you were a second too slow to get comfortable in that pocket. I used a similar roll technique like James except but instead of setting back I always brought the fight to my opponent. Getting my feet aligned with the rolls was an awsome tool to have while rolling in. Use the feints and your headmovement to find his timing. Roll a shot and fire it back in bunches.

The constant pressure in time will actually make an opponent fire shots when you get inside of their comfort. Have your boy look for that range while applying pressure to get inside of his comfort zone. Standing just outside of that imaginary boundry and throw a feint. If the guy bites theres that one step needed. If he doesn't bite you work your way in/out using your eyes for shots incoming.

Wrote alot but I wanted you to fully get what I was saying..........Rockin'
                    Rockin,

Thank you much sir and I agree with you 99.9% the other 0.01% well I am a beleiver in that jab if he gets that double jab going that will help him move inside while keeping his balance as well, but you know you work with fighters no matter what the **** you tell them during the actual fight these guys just dont ****ing listen...
                    you tell them and you tell them but it just doesnt get through to them sometimes...
                    The lamar fight, that guy had an ugly akward style and it just didnt make for an easy or good match we got the win but not how we wanted, we dropped him early but ruled a slip...
                    in the gym he hits all the switches, double jabs, feints, nice head movement, paitence the whole bit, but come fight time its like he wants to blitz the man out of there...
                    Thanks for the feedback... I think to date his performance against Ivan Jones is one of the best as he put everything together.

Comment

One need only look at the marquez-vasquez fights to see how stupod that statement is because that was pressure fighting at its finest and involved an incredible amount of skill.

Comment

Working...
                      X