3ds is killing itself with this ugly contraption

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds is killing itself with this ugly contraption

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tg...ndo-3ds/721141

Reason to wait until 2nd generation Nintendo 3ds come out.(if it ever comes out, the way the 3ds is doing I doubt it does but lets see how well 3ds does in America this christmas. I have to say this contraption is fugly).

Nintendo got lucky with the wii, but I think that it has now been exposed as a load of gimmicky nonsense. Their stupidly named "wii u" may be the last home console they make, and given the explosion of casual games on phones I think the 3DS marks the death knell for the handheld console. The DS became popular because of all the Brain Age, Professor Layton, Sudoku games. Now that people can get all of those on their cell phone, why spend an extra $200 on a separate gaming machine?

Comment

Playstation killed itself by not listening to its customers in the handheld department.

I remember before they released that PSP without the UMD player customers were asked what they wanted to see in a new PSP:

- The people wanted a PSP with 2 joysticks.

- Keep the UMD player so that gamers with the discs are not left in the dust.

- Bigger library of games and movies.

- Better online web browser.

What did Sony do? They came out with a PSP without the UMD player.

Sony and Nintendo are too late in revolutionizing the handheld gaming sector.

iPad, smartphones, and even Kindle will revolutionize handheld gaming. Who wants to buy a disc if a person can buy the game online and keep it there online without using memory space.

PSP Vita is 4 years too late. Nintendo 3Ds is 3 years too late. If Nintendo's next console doesn't have HD, 3D capability, and bigger gaming library, it will go bankrupt along with SEGA.

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
        Playstation killed itself by not listening to its customers in the handheld department.

I remember before they released that PSP without the UMD player customers were asked what they wanted to see in a new PSP:

- The people wanted a PSP with 2 joysticks.

- Keep the UMD player so that gamers with the discs are not left in the dust.

- Bigger library of games and movies.

- Better online web browser.

What did Sony do? They came out with a PSP without the UMD player.

Sony and Nintendo are too late in revolutionizing the handheld gaming sector.

iPad, smartphones, and even Kindle will revolutionize handheld gaming. Who wants to buy a disc if a person can buy the game online and keep it there online without using memory space.

PSP Vita is 4 years too late. Nintendo 3Ds is 3 years too late. If Nintendo's next console doesn't have HD, 3D capability, and bigger gaming library, it will go bankrupt along with SEGA.
        I agree with most of what you said but certainly not the bold. Nintendo will simply never go bankrupt and they certainly will never go the ways of Sega. If nintendo fails in the west they will still live in Japan and they can live off of that because they can sell the japanese anything, if it says nintendo and a sticker of mario or Zelda, it's selling out in Japan no mater what.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Nintendo got lucky with the wii, but I think that it has now been exposed as a load of gimmicky nonsense. Their stupidly named "wii u" may be the last home console they make, and given the explosion of casual games on phones I think the 3DS marks the death knell for the handheld console. The DS became popular because of all the Brain Age, Professor Layton, Sudoku games. Now that people can get all of those on their cell phone, why spend an extra $200 on a separate gaming machine?
          I read an article the other day saying that Nintedo is having serious problems with there tablet controller, says it's not responding to the console.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            I think you're underestimating the appeal of the DS. It had by far the best library of games of any console in the past 10 years, including many highly original titles. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Comment

Working...
            X