No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Career Special on HBO, November 25

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Career Special on HBO, November 25

HBO Sports, with a 44-year tradition in professional boxing, takes a deep dive into the career of sure-fire Hall of Famer Miguel Cotto, the most accomplished and decorated fighter in Puerto Rican history, as he prepares to make one last ring appearance next month against former U.S. Olympian Sadam Ali when MIGUEL COTTO: A RETROSPECTIVE debuts SATURDAY, NOV. 25 at 12:45 p.m. ET/PT immediately following the live HBO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING(r) tripleheader telecast from New York.
    [Click Here To Read More]

the one who fought some of the top guys in their prime!! respect cotto!! enjoy your retirement.

Comment

Cotto isn’t perfect, and he received some criticism, especially towards the end from some fans. Some of it justified. But the bottom line is, the sport was better because of him, and it would be better off if more fighters were like him. He fought everyone and had an exciting style. History will look back on his career fondly. War Cotto!

Comment

True champion, deserves all the accolades he gets

Comment

I know hes not the most popular and alot of people dislike him but even as a mexican myself i gotta admit im a fan and respect cotto. Especially after his mayweather performance.

Comment

"Miguel Cotto, the most accomplished and decorated fighter in Puerto Rican history"

Wrong. Very, very wrong.

But he is/was a credit to the sport and had an excellent career and carried himself with class.

Comment

Definitely

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              "Miguel Cotto, the most accomplished and decorated fighter in Puerto Rican history"

Wrong. Very, very wrong.

But he is/was a credit to the sport and had an excellent career and carried himself with class.
              I agree, he's behind Gomez, Benitez, Ortiz, and Trinidad as far as accomplishments are concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by allanperlee View Post
                I agree, he's behind Gomez, Benitez, Ortiz, and Trinidad as far as accomplishments are concerned.
                WAY behind. He had a fine career and will deservedly go into the Hall but he's closer to Rosario, Torres, Camacho than he is to Ortiz, Gomez, Trinidad and Benitez. I don't think anybody with even a tiny ounce of Boxing knowledge or objectivity would say otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  True champion, deserves all the accolades he gets
                  Most of his titles he won were vacant, the only 2 where he actually beat the champion for a title were against a crippled Martinez and Yuri Foreman. His biggest wins were Mosely and maybe Judah.

Comment

Not many on this boxing era, can say that fought everyone at their prime including Mayweather and Pacman.

Comment

Working...
                    X