The king of middleweight division!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The king of middleweight division!

I think that this is HARRY GREB!

He only lost 3 of his first 233 fights. One was to future heavyweight champ GENE TUNNEY (rematch) and another 8 years previous when his arm was broken in the 2nd round. Even more amazing is that GREB fought a big part of his career blind in his right eye after being thumbed by "Kid" Norfolk in 1921. Here's a middleweight who inflicted a beating and only loss on the record of LH and future Heavyweight champion GENE TUNNEY. (the only man to defeat DEMPSEY). Here's a guy who routinely fought light heavy and heavyweight fighters!

ya

Originally posted by Prorock
    I think that this is HARRY GREB!

He only lost 3 of his first 233 fights. One was to future heavyweight champ GENE TUNNEY (rematch) and another 8 years previous when his arm was broken in the 2nd round. Even more amazing is that GREB fought a big part of his career blind in his right eye after being thumbed by "Kid" Norfolk in 1921. Here's a middleweight who inflicted a beating and only loss on the record of LH and future Heavyweight champion GENE TUNNEY. (the only man to defeat DEMPSEY). Here's a guy who routinely fought light heavy and heavyweight fighters!

i dun wanna be mean by are u ****in stupid
    did u not see tha tunney-dempsey fight?
    tunney was down for 14 seconds
    i dun care how good he did after he got knocked down he was down for 10 seconds he LOST!
    EVERYBODY KNOWS IT
    so think twice b4 sayin, he won, in tha record book it mite say he won, but he really lost

Comment

Tunney-Dempsey? What you talking about? I'm talking about Greb and his career. It include Tunney. Why Dempsey?

Comment

I wasn't seen this bout (Tunney-Dempsey). I'm read history and looking this:

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=009046

Comment

Originally posted by ThaGreatest
          i dun wanna be mean by are u ****in stupid
          did u not see tha tunney-dempsey fight?
          tunney was down for 14 seconds
          i dun care how good he did after he got knocked down he was down for 10 seconds he LOST!
          EVERYBODY KNOWS IT
          so think twice b4 sayin, he won, in tha record book it mite say he won, but he really lost
          You're talking about the rematch. Tunney clearly beat Dempsey in their initial meeting.

As for the main topic, i agree that Greb was the greatest middleweight of all-time. No one else that has fought at 160 can match his resume.

Comment

What was the cause of Greb's death?

Comment

Originally posted by drag0n_
              What was the cause of Greb's death?

he died while undergoing surgery to repair facial injuries caused by boxing and an auto accident.

Comment

I've never seen any of his fights(if any footage exists at all) but thats an outstanding fight record.

Comment

Among the boxers that I know, think that the kings of the middle divisions among the legends would be Hagler, Leonard, Hearns & Duran in no particular order.

And in of today, it would be RJJ, Hopkins, DLH, Trinidad...

Comment

Easily Sugar Ray Robinson. Look at his wins. He beat Jake Lamotta 5 times, beat Kid Gavilan, Randy Turpin, Carmen Basilio, Gene Fullmer. I believe he was champ 5 times. The man was unbeatable in his prime. Most complete fighter ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X