No announcement yet.

Am i the only ***** here that...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i the only ***** here that...

Feels guilty when youre sparring and you catch someone younger than you on the nose and their eyes start watering and they look like they dont want to be there anymore?

Or if not younger but someone in a lower weight class than you

I know how you feel. There was one kid at my club who got roughed up in a bout pretty badly, and the very next practice, I was sparring him, and I caught him right in the solar plexus with a straight right. He was on the canvas for quite a while, having trouble breathing and tears coming down his face. It wasn't a very hard punch, but I guess the timing was just bad. That's the last time he ever boxed with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendigo View Post
      I know how you feel. There was one kid at my club who got roughed up in a bout pretty badly, and the very next practice, I was sparring him, and I caught him right in the solar plexus with a straight right. He was on the canvas for quite a while, having trouble breathing and tears coming down his face. It wasn't a very hard punch, but I guess the timing was just bad. That's the last time he ever boxed with us.
      Those shots are the worst to take, you feel so stupid when youre on your knees gasping for air

Nice shot though haah

Comment

ahah no not really since when i get hit on the nose my eyes water without me being able to controll it so when i hit them and that happens thats what i think must be happened to them

Comment

no i just love to fight and im in it for myself i want people to want to be there but they know they will take a few shots

Comment

i was sparring the other day and i pushed this kid off me and he went flyin out the ropes and into the back of his dads legs..i was like 'oh'

Comment

yeah my eyes occasionally just water even if i take a tap on the nose or even if im just sweating and breathing hard, of if sweat gets into my eyes and irritates them

but anyways i can usually tell if a kids hurt, i always ease up, unless of course they were being a **** or beating on some other kid, then id keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by Bendigo View Post
                I punched my best friend in the solar plexus, he almost died. That got him back for the liver shot he caught me with in the middle of the road. I almost got run over, took me all my strength to get to the side of the road.

Comment

Nah man, you aren't the only one, i became pretty friendly with some of my sparring partners and i don't want to hurt them, so i sometimes pull my punches. Also it happens pretty often that i have an occasion where i could throw a bomb and just don't throw it.

When i spar with guys from other gyms i'm a bit less forgiving, but even then i don't try to take their heads off, it's not the point of sparring. Of course it happens that you hurt somebody with a good punch, even put them down, but i can honestly say that i never tried to hit somebody with all i had in sparring.

Comment

Working...
                  X