Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Floyd's win over Marquez look after JMM's 3rd Pacquiao fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love how people talk about him being out of shape... Dude weighed like 142!!! (Iirc) he's fighting Manny at an even higher weight lol. Do people conveniently look past that? "He's out of shape for Floyd...but he gained 5 more pounds for Pac. Not out of shape or older. Its vs Pac. Duh"

I hate Floyd a good deal but come on. Floyd did him wrong by weighing 2 over, but he still wasnt at 147 despite that. He gets crap for fighting JMM at a higher weight than he's use to but for Pac he get a pass for fighting an older Jmm..at even higher? TWICE!? Wtf kind of logic is that. At least be consistant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
      Furthermore, Cotto came in at 145lbs on fight night .. and any real boxing fan knows that making weight is hard as hell, but stipulating that there would be no rehydration is even worse. Cotto's best advantage should have been his strength and size. Instead, Cotto came in with his advantages negated.
      I mean, REALLY? Are you just hoping noone is bothering to read this tale? I couldn't make it through, but I wonder what other gems are in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        I mean, REALLY? Are you just hoping noone is bothering to read this tale? I couldn't make it through, but I wonder what other gems are in there.
        So Cotto did NOT come in at 145lbs against Pacquiao????

That is what you're implying????

I don't follow what you seem to think you're saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
          So Cotto did NOT come in at 145lbs against Pacquiao????

That is what you're implying????

I don't follow what you seem to think you're saying.
          Of course he didn't, I challenge you to prove there was a rehydration penalty. Heck, don't have to prove it, any solid evidence will do.

Comment

• [Floyd]Marquez beat Manny three times now and Floyd dominated Marquez, so floyd beats Manny with ease. TAKE THE TEST MANNY. Take the test to prove you're clean! Floyd took the test and usada and gbp say he's clean dam it!! [/stan]

Comment

• Yes his when looks better. I can't argue with that.

Comment

• Same. Styles make fights.

Floyd is a bad style match up for Marquez and a good style matchup for pacquiao.

The weight made it even more apparent against Floyd, and didn't make a difference against pacquiao

Comment

• Floyd was on PEDs and cheated him on the weight by 20 lbs....Hmmmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                    Love how people talk about him being out of shape... Dude weighed like 142!!! (Iirc) he's fighting Manny at an even higher weight lol. Do people conveniently look past that? "He's out of shape for Floyd...but he gained 5 more pounds for Pac. Not out of shape or older. Its vs Pac. Duh"

I hate Floyd a good deal but come on. Floyd did him wrong by weighing 2 over, but he still wasnt at 147 despite that. He gets crap for fighting JMM at a higher weight than he's use to but for Pac he get a pass for fighting an older Jmm..at even higher? TWICE!? Wtf kind of logic is that. At least be consistant.
                    So true.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Of course he didn't, I challenge you to prove there was a rehydration penalty. Heck, don't have to prove it, any solid evidence will do.
                      What proof do you have that I am in error?

Feel free to show me evidence that I am incorrect. I have been wrong before and am more than man enough to admit when I am.

I've read, was told and have heard that Cotto fought that fight at 145lbs. I remember Ronnie Shields talking about Cotto coming in at 145lbs.

There isn't anything official because I recall Cotto not being weighed on fight night for that bout.

So show me what you've got.

Comment

Working...
                      X