Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PACquiao can't pull the trigger anymore! Agree or disagree. Please vote!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
    I agree. I've noticed it as well.

But he still dominated Tim Bradley, who sucks.
    PAC was known to be the punches in bunches guy. He obviously has matured and learned how to pick his punches, but, these days, it's not just picking his punches, I really think he's unable to put his punches together right away when he's in position to counter.

I think in the Bradley fight, PAC showed he was still BOSS. But, I really saw signs of an aging fighter as well. PAC is famous for lightning speed and unloading punches n' bunches . PAC today is still fast, but, he's more of a single shooter now, ya know what I mean.

In a nutshell, back then PAC was a machine gun, now, he performs more like a shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
      In a nutshell, back then PAC was a machine gun, now, he performs more like a shotgun.
      Can't expect the same at the age of 33 and being in the wars he's been in bro.

Comment

PAC was known to be the punches in bunches guy. He obviously has matured and learned how to pick his punches, but, these days, it's not just picking his punches, I really think he's unable to put his punches together right away when he's in position to counter.

I think in the Bradley fight, PAC showed he was still BOSS. But, I really saw signs of an aging fighter as well. PAC is famous for lightning speed and unloading punches n' bunches . PAC today is still fast, but, he's more of a single shooter now, ya know what I mean.

He was fighting bigger slower guys than Bradley, in the JMM fight he looked like the same old Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
          Cotto is a hell of a lot slower than Bradley and was lunging with his punches.
          Dude, I've seen Cotto and Bradley fights live. Cotto does not appear to be the blazing handspeed kinda guy, but, I would say that Cotto's speed is up there with Bradley's. I would describe Cotto's speed as deceptive.

At that elite level, no one is slow, but, there are a few who are the Usain Bolt's of boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            He was fighting bigger slower guys than Bradley, in the JMM fight he looked like the same old Pacquiao.
            The PAC that fought Bradley looked like the same one that fought Juanita the third time.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Can't expect the same at the age of 33 and being in the wars he's been in bro.
              Yeah, exactly, but, looking at the posts and the votes some obviously feel he's still the same guy from let say 5 years ago.

PAC can still pull the trigger, just not as consistent. That's why I voted "somewhat" Did you vote ?

Comment

Dude, I've seen Cotto and Bradley fights live. Cotto does not appear to be the blazing handspeed kinda guy, but, I would say that Cotto's speed is up there with Bradley's. I would describe Cotto's speed as deceptive.

At that elite level, no one is slow, but, there are a few who are the Usain Bolt's of boxing
                It was more to do with footspeed than handspeed. Cotto hasn't got anywhere close to the footspeed Bradley has and couldn't close Pacquiao down and resorted to lunging, which Pacquiao could see a mile away step to the side and unload on a off balance Cotto.

Comment

How can Paqciao pull the trigger when the target is nowhere to be found. He's busy trying to survive. Like I said, it started with Clotty, interrupted briefly by Margarito, then resumed by Mosly. Clotty covered himself with his gloves the entire fight and the rest either run or backpedal. Their main objective is just to survive. Paq only shines when his opponent is brave.

There. /

Comment

He can still pull the trigger. He just need to fight a Mayorga/Margarito type of opponent to do it.

Comment

Yeah, exactly, but, looking at the posts and the votes some obviously feel he's still the same guy from let say 5 years ago.

PAC can still pull the trigger, just not as consistent. That's why I voted "somewhat" Did you vote ?
                      Well, my post I said he could pull the trigger but by no means like the old Pacquiao. I voted "Somewhat" too.

Comment

Working...
                      X