No announcement yet.

A Question Regarding Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question Regarding Martinez?

A lot of people are jumping on the Martinez bandwagon at the moment. They want to see him fight Pacman or Floyd. My question is: why should they be expected to fight a middleweight?

Ok Martinez is obviously looking for a big pay day i understand that, but shouldn't this guy be looking to fight the best middleweights or maybe step up and fight the likes of Andre Ward, Froch, Abraham or Bute etc? Thoughts guys?

I think pac and may r the only guys that could beat martinez rite now despite the size difference

Comment

It's the standards they hold both Floyd and Manny to. If it takes the best Middleweight Champ to beat the best Welterweights... you know?

Comment

It would make for interesting match ups but I would like to see FM n PAC at WW exclusively. They can't avoid each other for the remainder of their careers can they ? ......

Comment

There aren't any good middleweights left. The good super middleweights fight over at Showtime so that's not an option. Martinez wants to meet Pacquiao and Mayweather half way by fighting them in jr middleweight. Don't see anything wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Roksan View Post
            A lot of people are jumping on the Martinez bandwagon at the moment. They want to see him fight Pacman or Floyd. My question is: why should they be expected to fight a middleweight?

Ok Martinez is obviously looking for a big pay day i understand that, but shouldn't this guy be looking to fight the best middleweights or maybe step up and fight the likes of Andre Ward, Froch, Abraham or Bute etc? Thoughts guys?
            The guy is ranked #3 P4P, the other two clowns #1 and #2 are getting big paydays, why can't he get in on the fun. Ohh I see, Pac and PBF can get a pass and fight subpar boxers while Martinez has to keep facing the very best at their weight and at their terms.

Plus both of them fought at JMW, but neither one of them wants any piece of this guy at 154, garaunteed. Remember they opened the door for questioning when they fought at JMW, that's their problem if people keep suggesting that they fight sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC&PBFsuck View Post
              The guy is ranked #3 P4P, the other two clowns #1 and #2 are getting big paydays, why can't he get in on the fun. Ohh I see, Pac and PBF can get a pass and fight subpar boxers while Martinez has to keep facing the very best at their weight and at their terms.

Plus both of them fought at JMW, but neither one of them wants any piece of this guy at 154, garaunteed. Remember they opened the door for questioning when they fought at JMW, that's their problem if people keep suggesting that they fight sergio.
              Pacman and Mayweather are not 154 fighters. Martinez needs to fight the best in his division and higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Roksan View Post
                Pacman and Mayweather are not 154 fighters. Martinez needs to fight the best in his division and higher.
                Let me fix your statement:

Pacman and Mayweather are not 154 fighters when their opponent is at their best.

Mayweather fought DLH for a 154 belt and Pac fought Margarito for a 154 belt. If Martinez wants a big payday let him call them out because neither guy can say that they haven't fought at 154, those two clowns are making a mockery of this sport.

And like I said before, they opened the door for all this questioning by fighting for a 154 belt.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC&PBFsuck View Post
                  Let me fix your statement:

Pacman and Mayweather are not 154 fighters when their opponent is at their best.

Mayweather fought DLH for a 154 belt and Pac fought Margarito for a 154 belt. If Martinez wants a big payday let him call them out because neither guy can say that they haven't fought at 154, those two clowns are making a mockery of this sport.

And like I said before, they opened the door for all this questioning by fighting for a 154 belt.
                  if youre calling the two clowns especially pacquiao what do you call the others? mockery of the sport? you can say that to the other "clown" but not on pacquiao.pacquiao continue fighting and giving his all to make his fights exciting and fan friendly, on his own he continued making the sports of boxing interesting, people in other sports only have respect for him, now why cant somebody insignificant like you do the same? oh, i know because youre insignificant you try to make yourself important by going against the tide, well ok, if that makes you happy. but youre still insignificant.

Comment

Floyd wanted to fight DLH at 154 because he was the no1 LMW at the time. Manny wanted margarito at 154 because Margarito was "the No1 contender for the WBC 154 title". Both wanted those fights at 154. Martinez wants to fight for the title both manny and floyd held which is the WBC 154 title. Manny is the"No1 LMW at the time" and Floyd is the "emeritus WBC 154 champion." Why is it so farfetched for Martinez to challenge them both for that tilte at 154?

Comment

Working...
                    X