Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where do you rank Sonny Listons jab in all time heavyweight boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do you rank Sonny Listons jab in all time heavyweight boxing?

He had a heck of a jab. 84 inches though he was only 6 foot half inch. His left arm was notably more muscular than his right so that points to him being naturally southpaw, but switching to orthodox.

One of the hardest hitters there was, I reckon it is the best of all time. For knockout potential no doubt, Ali had a great one but it couldn't knock you out by itself. I think Listons is better than Holmes, Lewis.

Originally posted by irishdude View Post
    He had a heck of a jab. 84 inches though he was only 6 foot half inch. His left arm was notably more muscular than his right so that points to him being naturally southpaw, but switching to orthodox.

One of the hardest hitters there was, I reckon it is the best of all time. For knockout potential no doubt, Ali had a great one but it couldn't knock you out by itself. I think Listons is better than Holmes, Lewis.
    I think its arguably the best jab in history, i am very undecided though, Holmes had a good jab, as well as Joe Louis and Walcott. People have their own personal thoughts on who had the best jab, but it is very easy to make a case for Liston.

Comment

The best with Holmes coming second.

Comment

Top 3 along with Larry Holmes and Joe Louis.

Poet

Comment

Top three along with Ali and Holmes.

Comment

2nd only to Muhammad Ali`s jab.

Top 10 Jabs
            1/. Ali
            2/. Liston
            3/. Holmes
            4/. Louis
            5/. Johnson
            6/. Foreman
            7/. Wlad
            8/. Bowe
            9/. Bruno
            10/. Pink Thomas

Many members claim Lennox Lewis had a good jab, yet i must disagree and ask " Against who did Lewis show this great jab against" Bruno gave Lewis a lesson in jabbing and having watched every pro fight of Lewis i cannot recall any fight where he possessed and showed a `Great Jab` which is why he is not in my Top 10... other great jabbers was Bonecrusher Smith, John Tate, Max Baer, Primo Carnera, Jess Willard, Roy Jones Jr. and a guy who was never champion Carl`the truth`Williams
            Last edited by sonnyboyx2; 07-31-2010, 02:37 PM.

Comment

I actually think kenny norton also had a very good jab from the footage i've seen of him.

Comment

ali
                holmes
                lewis
                klit
                klit
                liston

Comment

Fourth, behind Wlad, Lennox and Holmes.

Comment

Sonny Liston had a heck of a jab, no doubt; but I'd have to rank him behind Joe Louis. Louis had a jab that had every bit the amount of pop to it that Listion's did and it was faster and IMO, more accurate. Legend has it on good authrority that his trainer, Blackburn, used to tie his right fist to the ropes during training so as to improve his skill at fending off adversaries with his left.

Comment

Working...
                    X