No announcement yet.

Sore fingers after training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sore fingers after training

I have been getting some pretty sore fingers after training, esp on the heavy bag. Its a bit painful when a make a tight fist and there is just some general mild pain in the fingers which last about 3 days.

I am new to boxing, wrap my hands properly and have just bought some new Title gel bag gloves as i think the cheap walmart everlast ones wernt helping!

I was wondering if this is normal when you begin? Its in the meaty part of the finger near the knuckles and they just feel strained for a couple days. Its mainly on the ring finger on my right hand and the pinkys on both, any ideas???

Originally posted by kylemacca01 View Post
    I have been getting some pretty sore fingers after training, esp on the heavy bag. Its a bit painful when a make a tight fist and there is just some general mild pain in the fingers which last about 3 days.

I am new to boxing, wrap my hands properly and have just bought some new Title gel bag gloves as i think the cheap walmart everlast ones wernt helping!

I was wondering if this is normal when you begin? Its in the meaty part of the finger near the knuckles and they just feel strained for a couple days. Its mainly on the ring finger on my right hand and the pinkys on both, any ideas???
    you may be hitting the bag incorrectly

also, the glove could be too loose or too snug, check that and come back here with that info

Comment

well your punching something, your fingers will get sore if you do an extended heavybag workout.. mine do as well...

Comment

i know you are just starting,you are not hitting the bag properly,you are throwing wild punches at the bag you must be looping punches from all angles and running around the bag in a similar fashion as a chicken without a head,so just start from scratch,jab, jab, right

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
          i know you are just starting,you are not hitting the bag properly,you are throwing wild punches at the bag you must be looping punches from all angles and running around the bag in a similar fashion as a chicken without a head,so just start from scratch,jab, jab, right
          Well thats for that insight! I am training with someone who has been boxing for over 10 years so im sure im hitting properly.

I think its a combination of having unconditioned hands and some extremely hard and not very well padded crappy gloves.

Comment

sometimes my hands go numb when i hit the bag

Comment

i do a 3 min round with like 1 oz gloves barely anything like just mittens that i got for 9$ at sports authority i think their for a speed bag. any ways i just beat the living day lights out of the bag just swinging wild punches i dont worry about stance and hand place ment i just swing as hard and as fast as i can into the bag. used to get the finger pain from that mainly caused by digging in with upper cuts but for a while now i really havnt had that problem.

as long as you recgonize that your hands hurt and you should stop punching stuff till they feel better you should build up to the point where it dosnt matter any more. but if you just keep going at it through the pain you'll probably damage something and just find your self having more and more problems.

Comment

I dont want to sound like a dick, but freakin hell, just live with it, my thumbs are always giving me pain and **** in sparring, bagwork, pads....... just get on with it.

Comment

you are training with someone who has been boxing for ten years and between the two of you there are no gloves with padding,what are you trying to conjure up with that out of text statement,wrap your hands properly and get some padded gloves and start off for 4 weeks,jab,jab,right,after 4 weeks change it around and in no time you will be ready for sparring

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
                    you are training with someone who has been boxing for ten years and between the two of you there are no gloves with padding,what are you trying to conjure up with that out of text statement,wrap your hands properly and get some padded gloves and start off for 4 weeks,jab,jab,right,after 4 weeks change it around and in no time you will be ready for sparring
                    Well he used 8oz gloves at all times to work on speed and i hit a fair bit harder than he does.

Comment

Working...
                    X