No announcement yet.

what's your ab workout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's your ab workout?

juss started boxing, anyone got some real interesting killer ab workouts? im real damn skinny (5'6" & 127 pounds) i need a stronger core ASAP.

just crunches will not do it.

double cheeseburger, large fries & 18 pack of beer...

Comment

crunches, planks, push ups with correct form and pull ups also with correct form

Comment

500 situps a day, and planks and bicycle situps during my gymwork sessions, after the bags and before rope skipping.

And I almost forgot: 9 minutes of medicine ball drops 3 days a week- just lying on the floor and throwing a medicine ball up, letting it fall on my midsection. Just make sure you wear a groin protector while doing this, and make sure you don't drop it on your sternum either.

Comment

Vertical knee raises, cable crunches, push ups (various types), pull ups (various types), planks.

Comment

Young pu$$y and swimming.

Comment

hanging leg raises/plank/various types of Pushups/Twist sit-ups/Decline bench sit-ups/bicycle crunches and med ball to the stomach

I alternate the exercises and normally do 4 a session

I also do alot of kettlebell work and that hits the core muscles as well

Comment

Forget doing sit ups/crunches..they don't really build your core, they just make the 6 pack look good.

concentrate on core stabilty work such as planks/leg lifts/squats/burpees/ deadlifts...you will get a super strong core with them.

Amir Khan didn't do a single sit up for the Peterson fight and Peterson bangs to the body like a b****. Khan wasn't troubled by a single body shot.

I used to do 600 ab exercises mon-fri and had an average core but now i do core stability work 2/3 times a week and my core strength has gone through the roof.

If you want a strong core and one that looks amazing combine both lol.

Good luck with your boxing.

Comment

I do exert a lot of effort in my abs because I want to have an great abs. I do crunches/sit-ups, pilates. I do have trainer to help me out to achieve 6 pack abs. I must say that having a personal trainer is such a big help in doing exercise. Proper discipline and healthy eating habits will help also.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingmanic View Post
                    Forget doing sit ups/crunches..they don't really build your core, they just make the 6 pack look good.
                    Horsecrap. If you're not getting a stronger midsection from situps, than you're simply not doing enough of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X