Collapse
No announcement yet.

padwork video, opinions please ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the moves mate ... I may introduce a couple of them myself.

However, I would make the fighter hit the pads hard i.e. use full rotation.

I'm not a big fan of the tip tap style many coaches on Youtube seem to use.

Keep it up mate.

Comment

Originally posted by hookoffdajab View Post
      Thanks guys, I got a lot of drills, was just curious how some looked to others
      Get some more vids up then mate - I'm always looking for new ideas !!!

Comment

Originally posted by hookoffdajab View Post
        Was teaching a few pad work moves...let me know ur opinion .thanks !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwmGa...e_gdata_player
        thhhhhhaaaaaaaank you for knowen how to do pad work....i see so many just hold them up and let a boxer hit them w no punchen back w mits etc...plus too many let the jab go to left hand mit then right to right and mitt...i dont like that..the head is ONE mitt size.....jus sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by TheAuthority View Post
          I like the moves mate ... I may introduce a couple of them myself.

However, I would make the fighter hit the pads hard i.e. use full rotation.

I'm not a big fan of the tip tap style many coaches on Youtube seem to use.

Keep it up mate.
          mitt work tho is more for concentration not so much power...the heavy bag is power..sure one can have the last punch b really for power but mitts are for concentration and learning combos

Comment

I like some of the combinations you have your fighter throwing. it does seem as though he is a bit squared up and he should be throwing the combos as soon as you call them out and put your pads up. he's hesitating a couple seconds before he starts a combination.

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
            mitt work tho is more for concentration not so much power...the heavy bag is power..sure one can have the last punch b really for power but mitts are for concentration and learning combos
            Really it should be used for both. these are punches and combos you want your fighter to throw in fight situations so the pads should be used to simulate that. if anything, i like to mix it up. i would sometimes do rounds where it's just combos and techniques and other times where it's simulated sparring. but everybody has their own style and if it works for you and the fighter....

Comment

Thanks for the feed back guys..as far as his squareness, yes I've been telling him that..I know he needs to rotate at the waist with his right hand more too..also making sure his back foot is planted better after some pivots before he throws the shot...as far as taking a moment before the next flurry, I encourage him to feint or bounce between moves, to instill in his muscle memory not to just come in punching all the time.......he is not punching with full power, but trust me some of those are respectable shots ! .....there are drills for that too with bigger pads ,the punch shield or the heavy bag.....thanks for the compliments ! And critique!

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Snap View Post
                I like some of the combinations you have your fighter throwing. it does seem as though he is a bit squared up and he should be throwing the combos as soon as you call them out and put your pads up. he's hesitating a couple seconds before he starts a combination.

Really it should be used for both. these are punches and combos you want your fighter to throw in fight situations so the pads should be used to simulate that. if anything, i like to mix it up. i would sometimes do rounds where it's just combos and techniques and other times where it's simulated sparring. but everybody has their own style and if it works for you and the fighter....
                all respect i basicly said same thing lol...u def want some power shots the earlier post kinda made it sound one should throw power all time on mitts...jus wanted to clear up thats not nec the case...

Comment

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
                  AAAAAMEN

Comment

Working...
                  X