Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali vs Floyd Mayweather Jr, Who Is The Greater Fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muhammad Ali vs Floyd Mayweather Jr, Who Is The Greater Fighter?

And obviously we're talking about Ali in his prime (late 60's) because the Ali in the 70's obviously couldnt hold a candle to Money Mayweather.

Tough one for me, but i'd have to say Floyd is the greater fighter. His defense is better, punches are sharper, and reflexes are quicker. Not to mention he's been taking on tougher competition (without a single loss on his record).

Who do you guys think is the greater of these 2 legendary fighters?
    Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    16.95%
    Muhammad Ali
    83.05%
    Too close to call
    0.00%

Tougher competition?

Compared to Ali, Mayweather's resume is nothing.

Comment

Ali is the greater fighter, had the much better resume and accomplished more.

For skills I'd say they were pretty even

Comment

Delete this thread.

Comment

Mayweather is by far the superior fighter,he just doesn't have a pair of balls.

One can only respect Muhammad Ali for fighting every legitimate contender in a great era of heavyweight boxing but we are talking about skills here and for that Mayweather is the greater fighter,he just doesn't want to prove it against the best.

Originally posted by Mr Boxing9 View Post
          For skills I'd say they were pretty even
          No their not, Mayweather is far more skilled than Ali ever was.This really isn't up for debate.

Cassius Clay was a special heavyweight but not a special fighter,give his skills to any lightweight or welterweight and they are limited to journeyman status.

Muhammad Ali,the fat slob of the 1970's was a really tough guy and nothing else really.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMacFoster View Post
            Mayweather is by far the superior fighter,he just doesn't have a pair of balls.

One can only respect Muhammad Ali for fighting every legitimate contender in a great era of heavyweight boxing but we are talking about skills here and for that Mayweather is the greater fighter,he just doesn't want to prove it against the best.

Hard to do that when Ali did his part by beating and facing the best of his era. Floyd has yet to constantly face top opposition to show how his true skills are when put up to the test.

No their not, Mayweather is far more skilled than Ali ever was.This really isn't up for debate.

Cassius Clay was a special heavyweight but not a special fighter,give his skills to any lightweight or welterweight and they are limited to journeyman status.

Muhammad Ali,the fat slob of the 1970's was a really tough guy and nothing else really.
            Hard to do that when Ali did his part by beating and facing the best of his era. Floyd has yet to constantly face top opposition to show how his true skills are when put up to the test.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmacfoster View Post
              mayweather is by far the superior fighter,he just doesn't have a pair of balls.

One can only respect muhammad ali for fighting every legitimate contender in a great era of heavyweight boxing but we are talking about skills here and for that mayweather is the greater fighter,he just doesn't want to prove it against the best.

No their not, mayweather is far more skilled than ali ever was.this really isn't up for debate.

Cassius clay was a special heavyweight but not a special fighter,give his skills to any lightweight or welterweight and they are limited to journeyman status.

muhammad ali,the fat slob of the 1970's was a really tough guy and nothing else really.
              lmao. I cant belive you have just said this, that could be the funniest and most embrassing post i have ever heard

Comment

I cant beleive you guys even respond to these joke accounts, bigmacfoster is just a big****ingidiot. Ali of the 60s and 70s was a better fighter period, better resume by far.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoppage View Post
                  Tougher competition?

Compared to Ali, Mayweather's resume is nothing.
                  Frazier and Foreman are criminally overrated and he has 2 wins over Liston when he was way passed his prime. Not as impressive of a resume when you really break it down, especially when comparing it to Mayweather who's consistantly fought fighters in the PFP list and beaten all of them usually without breaking a sweat.

If that's not the mark of a great fighter then i don't know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
                    Frazier and Foreman are criminally overrated and he has 2 wins over Liston when he was way passed his prime. Not as impressive of a resume when you really break it down, especially when comparing it to Mayweather who's consistantly fought fighters in the PFP list and beaten all of them usually without breaking a sweat.

If that's not the mark of a great fighter then i don't know what is.
                    What are your thoughts on Bruce Lee, Mr. President?

Comment

Working...
                    X