No announcement yet.

Boxer vs Brawler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxer vs Brawler

Can you name some fights where the boxer beats the brawler?

Prefferably fights where the winner throws less punches than the loser but lands more.
    It would be even more awesome if it were long-mid range too.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Hearnsz; 02-17-2009, 01:55 PM.

Originally posted by Rafael S View Post

I'm not talking about fights like Mayweather vs Corrales, because in that fight Corrales barely threw any punches.

I'm talking about fights where the brawler fights wild and the boxer waits for openings and counters.

So in short; I'm looking for a total schooling, but where the loser is still extremely active.

In addition to that I also want the boxer to keep distance and fight long-mid range. So I guess that leaves out a lot of Toney's fights.

Do you know any fights like that? Thanks in advance!
    Ali Frazier?

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael S View Post

I'm not talking about fights like Mayweather vs Corrales, because in that fight Corrales barely threw any punches.

I'm talking about fights where the brawler fights wild and the boxer waits for openings and counters.

So in short; I'm looking for a total schooling, but where the loser is still extremely active.

In addition to that I also want the boxer to keep distance and fight long-mid range. So I guess that leaves out a lot of Toney's fights.

Do you know any fights like that? Thanks in advance!

Usually over the course of a malicious beating, the other guy stops throwing back (like in Floyd-Diego, did Floyd not turn him into what we saw in the ring that night atleast to some degree). So this would be very rare I would think.

Comment

Guzman-Soto
        Holy-Tyson

Comment

Felix Trinidad against Yori Boy Campas and Ricardo Mayorga.

No, Trinidad isn't the first thought when the term "boxer" is brought up, but he fought more like a boxer earlier in his career, and went back to it in later fights such as the fights with Whitaker and Mayorga.

Floyd Mayweather-Jesus Chavez

Beautiful display of counter-punching against a very active fighter. Mayweather had a field day with the uppercut.

Comment

Mayweather vs Hatton

Comment

Originally posted by Emanuel Steward View Post
              Ali Frazier?
              Frazier is not a brawler, hes a textbook example of an inside fighter. he was alot more controled than a brawler and rarely threw wild punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                Felix Trinidad against Yori Boy Campas and Ricardo Mayorga.

No, Trinidad isn't the first thought when the term "boxer" is brought up, but he fought more like a boxer earlier in his career, and went back to it in later fights such as the fights with Whitaker and Mayorga.

Floyd Mayweather-Jesus Chavez

Beautiful display of counter-punching against a very active fighter. Mayweather had a field day with the uppercut.
                Good examples,
                and I personally think of Trinidad as a boxer. He's just a boxer with alot of power. His punches are still precise and he isn't wild.

Anyway, I noticed it's quite hard to find the kind of fights I asked for.
                So let me rephrase:

Name some matches where the boxer who threw way less punches won. So obviously he needs to be a counterpuncher. I would love it if you can name a fight like that where the loser still throws alot of combinations. He doesn't have to be a brawler or anything, just very active.

thanks in advance!

Comment

how about leonard-hagler?

Comment

Hagler is in no shape or form a brawler.

Comment

Working...
                    X