Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Rounds Would Margarito Last With Prime Mosley/Trinidad ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact an old, worn, torn, out of prime Mosley made a fool of him, a prime Mosley would Knock Out Margarito in 6. Trinidad would out box him to a late TKO

Comment

Originally posted by biglou88 View Post
      Tito has only lost to the best defensive fighters. Everyone who has went toe to toe with Trinidad got their ass beat. Margarito has no defense, his chin is good but it would have not held up against Tito's power. this would have been Another Yory boy Campas fight.
      ..and hes kind of soft to the body, pacquiao and mosley both hurt him bad with single body blows. tito would tear his ass in half with bodypunches, have tony looking down then coming up top with clean headshots.

you simply cant rely on your chin against punchers like tito, you might be able to take a single bomb but over the course of 12 nobody can take punch after punch from a hitter like that. especially when he goes to the body too.

tito would murded margarito, i dont even see how its up for debate tbh.

Comment

I also see Tito and Shane catching Margarito in between his punches, he always threw a lot of looping shots.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand
          The fact an old, worn, torn, out of prime Mosley made a fool of him, a prime Mosley would Knock Out Margarito in 6. Trinidad would out box him to a late TKO
          because tony was young, not war torn and prime himself.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            I think Margarito would give Tito problems, maybe even beat him. Prime for prime Margarito had the stamina, jaw & size to bother Tito. In Tito's hayday, he was 1 of the biggest welterweights. But he was chinny early. He wouldn't enjoy his usual size advantage. The only question I'd pose for Margarito is if his chin would withstand Tito's power after Tito got up from the kd I'm sure he would suffer early.
            I think there's nothing that Margarito does to bother Trinidad, besides having a good chin and making Trinidad work harder like when he faced Mayorga. Trinidad went down early but you never saw him badly hurt besides the Cortés fight and that was a very young, somewhat green Trinidad. I always thought those early knockdowns were a combination of not being warmed up and being caught off balance. I can see Margarito being very tough but he would stand in front of Trinidad and that's just what Trinidad always wanted. I don't see how Margarito wins that battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx30 View Post
              I think there's nothing that Margarito does to bother Trinidad, besides having a good chin and making Trinidad work harder like when he faced Mayorga. Trinidad went down early but you never saw him badly hurt besides the Cortés fight and that was a very young, somewhat green Trinidad. I always thought those early knockdowns were a combination of not being warmed up and being caught off balance. I can see Margarito being very tough but he would stand in front of Trinidad and that's just what Trinidad always wanted. I don't see how Margarito wins that battle.
              And that's fine. I didn't say Margarito would surely win. I said he just might have. It would be a tougher fight than most seem to think. Tito doesn't just walk through Margarito. He was more chinny, he wouldn't have the normal size advantage. Margarito got stronger down the stretch. It would be a hellacious struggle either way.

Comment

It's stupid to use the Mosley fight as an example.

Tony was clearly drained and was clearly distracted by what happened in the locker room earlier. Plus he was certainly past his prime as well.

Both prime Tito and Shane beat Tony but I think he can make the distance with either if we're also talking about prime Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                  It's stupid to use the Mosley fight as an example.

Tony was clearly drained and was clearly distracted by what happened in the locker room earlier. Plus he was certainly past his prime as well.

Both prime Tito and Shane beat Tony but I think he can make the distance with either if we're also talking about prime Tony.
                  Tito would have hurt margs real bad,, Tito had good inside combos and never got tired. Jus imagine if Paul williams had more power what margs face would have looked like after their fight,, trini would have made margs look like Martin after he fought tommy hearns

Comment

until he died

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      And that's fine. I didn't say Margarito would surely win. I said he just might have. It would be a tougher fight than most seem to think. Tito doesn't just walk through Margarito. He was more chinny, he wouldn't have the normal size advantage. Margarito got stronger down the stretch. It would be a hellacious struggle either way.
                      I am one of those who think the fight would be a war. I don't see a blowout anyway. I still don't see Margarito winning but I agree that the fight would be tough and I could see a Trinidad-Vargas type of fight. I don't mean in terms of style but the ebb and flow could be very similar

Comment

Working...
                      X