Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-McGregor is Trending To Break PPV Record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October course Dana was misinformed. It's nigh impossible to know the returns a day after the damn fight.

Comment

And the lesson learned by the millions of casuals: don't listen to boxing media and "experts".

Pac was supposed to be some killer with a real chance, who would press the action. It was going to be a great fight to watch.

McGregor had no chance and it was going to be boring to watch.

Turns out, boxingscene and all other boxing media, all get paid to promote TR, and hate on Haymon. Idiots were wrong both times. True boxing fans knew the deal. Pac never had a chance and Floyd was sure to not give him a chance after Pac made him wait 7 years. Floyd said he was going to slug with Connor and he did. The only other two times, Floyd said he would be the aggressor was also against two other larger, stronger opponents: Mosley and Cotto. While he picked off and counter-punched JMM, Hatton, Pac all the smaller guys. Floyd never said he was going to slug with Pac, he never said that about anybody except the three fights he was the aggressor.

Sign with Arum get a mill a fight if your lucky. Leave him and get two fights for over $200 million a piece. Floyd just showed ole Arum how to promote boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        October course Dana was misinformed. It's nigh impossible to know the returns a day after the damn fight.
        Dana White might be the only person I despise as much as I despise Bob Arum. Both idiotic, compulsive liars. Only part about this fight I hated was that Dana got richer off it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Regardless of what this fight ultimately sold I suspect the lesson that should be learned, but knowing boxing probably won't be, is that marination is hurting business. This fight came straight outta nowhere to being a real thing to doing amazing PPV numbers. I thought the MayPac fight killed it at 4M+, but the reality is if that fight had happened when it was hotter it'd probably have done a mill or two or three more than it actually ended up doing years late on its best buy date.
          I think at any point in time, this fight would have outdone Floyd vs Manny because we had to get another fanbase plus people that just wanted to see a spectacle put money on this. MayPac was an event, this was a spectacle, two tops names from their respective sport. While Floyd is old, that zero shines bright and Conor is an amazing story that basically spoken everything into existence. Two crazy dynamics at work at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by icebergisonfire View Post
            I think at any point in time, this fight would have outdone Floyd vs Manny because we had to get another fanbase plus people that just wanted to see a spectacle put money on this. MayPac was an event, this was a spectacle, two tops names from their respective sport. While Floyd is old, that zero shines bright and Conor is an amazing story that basically spoken everything into existence. Two crazy dynamics at work at the same time.
            Idk man. I think Floyd vs Manny 5 or 6 years earlier when both were viewed as at their best had wider appeal then Floyd vs Manny 5 or 6 years later or a 40 year old Floyd vs one of the best MMA guys making his pro debut. And if Floyd vs Conor just barely breaks the PPV record set by Floyd vs Manny I believe that more or less proves it cuz I don't think its disputable that Floyd vs Manny had more heat in 2010ish vs 2015 & it'd have done better numbers if it happened earlier.

Comment

The Boxing Nerds on this site said the fight wouldn't even do a mil because of the supposed "low" ticket sales lol..the gate broke the record for May-Pacquiao...

Fking Boxing-Tards on this site lol..you guys are Losers... JS...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
                And the lesson learned by the millions of casuals: don't listen to boxing media and "experts".

Pac was supposed to be some killer with a real chance, who would press the action. It was going to be a great fight to watch.

McGregor had no chance and it was going to be boring to watch.

Turns out, boxingscene and all other boxing media, all get paid to promote TR, and hate on Haymon. Idiots were wrong both times. True boxing fans knew the deal. Pac never had a chance and Floyd was sure to not give him a chance after Pac made him wait 7 years. Floyd said he was going to slug with Connor and he did. The only other two times, Floyd said he would be the aggressor was also against two other larger, stronger opponents: Mosley and Cotto. While he picked off and counter-punched JMM, Hatton, Pac all the smaller guys. Floyd never said he was going to slug with Pac, he never said that about anybody except the three fights he was the aggressor.

Sign with Arum get a mill a fight if your lucky. Leave him and get two fights for over $200 million a piece. Floyd just showed ole Arum how to promote boxing.
                They're all Jewish and Arum is Jewish... very simple...

Floyd is a Black man who came up his own with no connections in media or business...

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Regardless of what this fight ultimately sold I suspect the lesson that should be learned, but knowing boxing probably won't be, is that marination is hurting business. This fight came straight outta nowhere to being a real thing to doing amazing PPV numbers. I thought the MayPac fight killed it at 4M+, but the reality is if that fight had happened when it was hotter it'd probably have done a mill or two or three more than it actually ended up doing years late on its best buy date.
                  I think Floyd/Manny was the exception. I see that fight doing two million buys at best if it happens any earlier. But you're right, in general marination isn't helping the sport. It cost Canelo/GGG a lot of hype and possibly a few hundred thousands buys.

Comment

Connor vs Diaz....big MMA ppv
                    Connor vs Paulie will do over 2 mil because of the bravado and shhh talking.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      White adding almost 2million more PPV's. It makes you wonder how much do UFC PPV's actually make.
                      Documents from the Zuffa sale to WME-IMG showed Dana inflated UFC PPV sales. Promoters do it all the time. Documents from the Golden Boy/PBC trial showed Oscar inflated Canelo's PPV sales.

Comment

Working...
                      X