No announcement yet.

Current Andre Ward vs Prime Nigel Benn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Andre Ward vs Prime Nigel Benn

Benn kills this American Fighter. I think Andre Ward would have been terrified of Nigel just via stare down. I don't know if Ward's baby punches or feather chin could have hurt Nigel or survive Nigel's raw power. The dark Prince would have shattered him I say Ko Round 4-5. What do you think would have happened in this fight.

We all look back at fighters with Rose tinted glasses, i am no different. However, i would pick Ward all day long, and that is coming from a firmly patriotic Englishman!

Ward doesn’t appear to be the type of fighter to get scared, he is the definition of cool, calm and collected.

I’d pick him to win this fight as he is too fast, too skilled and too calm for Benn to deal with.

Be a good fight though!

Of all the British SMW crew I’d always pick Calzaghe. He might not tick the popularity boxes but the truth is no one could fathom out his style and for that reason alone he is still be best SMW ever to grace the division, and that includes Mr Prime RJJ.

Comment

Originally posted by bergin View Post
      Benn kills this American Fighter. I think Andre Ward would have been terrified of Nigel just via stare down. I don't know if Ward's baby punches or feather chin could have hurt Nigel or survive Nigel's raw power. The dark Prince would have shattered him I say Ko Round 4-5. What do you think would have happened in this fight.
      Ward has never been knocked out despite clearing out a fairly stacked division.

BENN'S chin was nothing special.

Ward clear UD

Comment

Ward UD easy

Comment

Benn KO.

Comment

I'd take a prime Benn by K.O

Comment

Ward by UD.

Too quick, too skillful, under-rated strength & just a better boxing brain than Benn.

Comment

If Benn doesn't get him in under 5 rounds then a UD for Ward.

Comment

I think Benn catches him and stops him with an onslaught, up until that point, Ward would be in control of the fight and using spoiling tactics to prevent Benn doing work inside.

Comment

We saw the troubles Arthur Abraham gave Andre Ward early. Nigel Benn is ALOT stronger, a better boxer and got the heart of a lion. Ward has also been down the canvas versus a nobody.
                    I believe Benn would stop Ward inside 10 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X