Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Arum Is Doing Crawford Dirty; Promotes Lomachenko More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
    I wonder how this will go over with fans. A fighter who was built up as the boogeyman now talking about 50-50 ain't really good...

Also you can poke holes in what he said as well Easter Jr. fight got zero promotion. He said Porter couldn't sell out a family dinner, the same Porter that fought on Fox. Only fight Fox went all out for was his frfr.
    The 50/50 thing was the first thing that popped for me. So now Spence is saying that Crawford doesn't deserve 50/50? .....and so it begins.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
      Spence didn't bring race into the Crawford TR conversation. That tweet was a response to DLH months ago.

Spence Crawford only happens when the money dictates a split promotion and broadcast. Right now it doesn't. PBC and Spence are doing their part. Spence said that TR isn't doing theirs to build the fight. His reasoning is that Arum is trying to promote Loma and Crawford simultaneously. Madison seems to want dismiss that view by saying Spence is a racist who just wants Crawford promoted by a black guy. However Spence makes a legit point because Crawford is a guy who doesn't talk himself up or attend events that will garner him attention. Accordingly Arum should be pushing him solo and in more ways.
      Even Eddie Hearn says it’s premature to make the Spence vs Crawford fight right now. He insinuated that both of them need to increase their marketability. I actually agree with that. I’d like to see Spence unify and get all the PBC titles and then unify for the undisputed title with Crawford. That’s a superfight and by the time it happens, you are talking about a massive fight in Dallas that does well over 60,000+ and could approach 1m ppv sales

Comment

Spence is absolutely correct, the fact some here are upset is because truth hurts, stings, provokes a reaction...Top Rank absolutely dropped the ball with promoting Crawford-Khan. For one it should of never been PPV, subscribing to ESPN+ and paying for PPV is stupid.

If I'm Spence no way I'm dealing with that when I got Pac, Thurman, Garcia, Porter in my own stable contracts and splits already done!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          It doesn’t. Anyone dating otherwise is just spewing slanted propaganda. Nothing to see here....pretty much of a muchness. Spence has every right to voice his response of why he doesn’t want to be promoted by golden boy who basically isna west coast promotion that caters to the Mexican-American fight fan with Mexican and Mexican American fighters. Canelo and Garcia are the most promoted fighters in that outfit. How many blue chip black American fighters want to sign with golden boy? None. And throw in the fact that golden boy had its own racist email scandal regarding PBC/haymon and the plot thickens. By the way, fishnets didn’t respond when Spence said that, and he deleted the tweet. I guess he didn’t want that going any further.....
          Compare Lamont Roach Jr.'s promotion to Ryan Garcia's promotion. Compare Lamont Roach Jr.'s promotion to Vergil Ortiz. Compare Lamont Roach jr. to Alberto Machado.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
            Linares is bigger name than anybody Crawford fought except Khan.
            Bigger name...but is he a better fighter than Postol or even Benavidez.

Realize that marketability doesn't apply to hardcores. We are watching regardless. The context of the original statement was marketing to casuals right and fans who don't follow boxing enough to understand why the Loma knock down may not be that big of a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwall004 View Post
              Couldn’t have said it better.
              You dont have an understanding of the game then. Panda talked a lot of dumb sht in that post. Rigondeaux and walter beat donaire who was at one point a star and a filipino hero, . The fights vs walters and rigondaux are highly touted bouts that moves the boxing media with anticipation, if you talk boxing you talk about those fights and how amazing they are, as they did, two two timegold medalists, the most highly skilled matchup possibly of all time and lomachenko vs the killer axeman who is decimating everyone. Casuals catch on to that. Crawford has actually been getting more hype recently, because he just entered this realm, where the media have an opponent for him and are salivating at a matchup.
              Last edited by SplitSecond; 04-27-2019, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Even Eddie Hearn says it’s premature to make the Spence vs Crawford fight right now. He insinuated that both of them need to increase their marketability. I actually agree with that. I’d like to see Spence unify and get all the PBC titles and then unify for the undisputed title with Crawford. That’s a superfight and by the time it happens, you are talking about a massive fight in Dallas that does well over 60,000+ and could approach 1m ppv sales
                This is hard to comprehend for those that think the fights are just for fan or fighter bragging rights. Legacy and money is what its about. These days fighters, rightfully so, are looking to put money ahead of legacy.

Comment

Even the best promoter will have trouble hyping Crawford vs the no names Arum has left in his WW stable. Haymon has them all. Haymon holding all the cards will do Crawford fight if and when best for them Arum at there mercy

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    He's duckiing someone who signed a contract extension knowing his options?

If anybody ducked, it's the guy who intentionally locked himself into that arrangement. Its business. He knew what he was doing.
                    Khan made $5m + PPV

Danny offered $3m + PPV (that was only initial offer...couldve been much more)

Danny wound up fighting for $1m flat against a journeyman.

You cant make people fight you. Danny turned down about $6-7 million dollars all because he was afraid of being hurt

Errald is doing the same thing now

And you whine about contract extensions? It dont matter. Errald is a free agent and can fight anywhere. He CHOOSES not to fight Terrence and instead fight LIGHTWEIGHTS.

Those are choices. Even if Errald stood to make more against Terrence he wouldnt take the fight. Period.

Comment

That many buys will never happen lol. Crawford hype will wont get big enough unless he can get his hands on some pbc fighters, and even then, these guys wont be that big ever.

You need one megastar or two stars for that, maybe spence vs canelo if that were to happen, spence vs an obscure crawford, probably past his prime, no. Stop it.
                      Last edited by SplitSecond; 04-27-2019, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X