Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye Stuttering and Squirming Whilst Being Grilled on Ringside

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really pleased with Adam Smith. To see him really question Haye like that gave me faith in him because I've never really rated him in the past. He showed some balls and put some very tough questions to David. I actually thought Haye answered most of the questions very well, apart from a few of the questions in the gym. He's a very honest guy who says it how it is, even about his own fights and legacy. You have to admire that, it's pretty rare. He's a good guy, and it's kinda sad that most people only see his media persona, where he comes across as a bit arrogant and his ego swells as he tries to entertain. Ringside showed more of his true character I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by -drebin- View Post
      I was really pleased with Adam Smith. To see him really question Haye like that gave me faith in him because I've never really rated him in the past. He showed some balls and put some very tough questions to David. I actually thought Haye answered most of the questions very well, apart from a few of the questions in the gym. He's a very honest guy who says it how it is, even about his own fights and legacy. You have to admire that, it's pretty rare. He's a good guy, and it's kinda sad that most people only see his media persona, where he comes across as a bit arrogant and his ego swells as he tries to entertain. Ringside showed more of his true character I thought.
      I wasnt pleased with his answers.

His justification of the Harrison fight was "i never said it would be exciting" and "look at the numbers" which just draws attention to the fact that he deliberately duped the British public.

When Smith questioned his opposition, all he could do was mention the Klitschkos opposition....and then he went on about how the Klits always talk about him.

His reasons for not fighting Vitali were pathetic also.

Agree with you on Adam Smith though, I guess hes stepping up since hes now head of boxing at Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

His justification of the Harrison fight was "i never said it would be exciting" and "look at the numbers" which just draws attention to the fact that he deliberately duped the British public.

When Smith questioned his opposition, all he could do was mention the Klitschkos opposition....and then he went on about how the Klits always talk about him.

Agree with you on Adam Smith though, I guess hes stepping up since hes now head of boxing at Sky.
        I wouldn't say they duped the public. The only reason the fight was made was because the public wanted to see it so badly. Haye himself said he didn't even want the fight. So many people wanted to see it though, and a champion should try to make the fights the public want to see, which, after the K brothers, was Audley. As a boxing fan I, and many others knew the fight would be a piss poor blowout. David was honest when he said it would be a very brief massacre, and that is exactly what happened. Audley just played his usual bs game about destiny and belief and all that which he says before every fight, but for some reason people started believing him this time. If anyone is accused of duping, I'd say it should be Audley. david can't control what Audley says in the media.

As for Vitali, once again, the people want him to fight Wlad more. Wlad holds more belts, is younger, and has a more bitter rivalry with David than Vitali. The public would rather see that fight, therefore, David, rightly so, is pursuing that first. He still said he wants to fight Vitali after in an 'ideal world.' Its not as if he's completely ducking the subject.

Anyway, that's just my take on it.

Comment

Am I also not mistaken in hearing him say that he only hurt his hand in the Valuev fight, not break it?

Comment

Adam Smith did a great job. I get fed up with interviewes crawling up to the boxers and not asking tough searching questions.
            Haye is a nice guy but really is squeezing out as many easy fights as he can as champion and avoiding the tough fights. Adam Smith knows that and did a good job .

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

How can he dupe the public when they wanted to see it?

Haye said "fine, i'll fight him. Its gonna be one-sided though"

Hater....

Comment

its a great show.

but they asked nothing new,and got nothing new in way of anwers or insight.

hayes heavyweight competition isnt amazing(barret-tune up,valuev-title,ruiz-defense,fraudley-crap fight,big money and big hype though)

,but its not as bas as made out,people do know who klitschkos have fought and are going to fight right??,or have you all decided to forget???.

Comment

everyone knows if haye beats vitali,they will spout the crap that vitali was old,shot ect.

vitali is actually the harder one to beat,despite being older and slower.

wlad has no heart,no chin,all the belts,and the big mouth,but is the one ducking!.

if haye just fights vitali,i will expect people to claim he ducked wlad.but tht would be stupid to say that.

i think vitali will get haye first,haye will realise that after his mandatory fight when they are all free to negotiate again.

Comment

Glad somebody in the media has at last exposed that glass chinned fraud of fraud idiots, David Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
                      Glad somebody in the media has at last exposed that glass chinned fraud of fraud idiots, David Haye.
                      How was he exposed exactly?

Comment

Working...
                      X