No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bryant Jennings Ready To Face Klitschko on April 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    when solis fought austin. it was a final eliminator. austin was ranked #1 in WBC. barrett wasn't even ranked in WBC because he was coming off a few losses before they fought. barrett took the fight on like 4 days notice. i know this because barrett pulled out of his fight with sheldon hinton in my hometown to fight solis. i am not sure what their world rankings were at the time but austin was ranked by all bodies if i am correct. i guess that's not proof but it's what i remember.
    I agree, but I was just trying to understand how the guy I was going back in forth with, saying Solis has done more than Jennings to earn a shot, considering he lose to Vitali, and the same guys are saying Haye has to earn his shot back by fighting top guys? So how does Solis get a shot vs Wlad? Also happen to think Jennings is a better overall fighter than Solis.

Comment

Jennings is going to be a rugged fighter from here on out, hopefully he will be an example of exactly the type of guy the division needs in order to bring up the rest of them...especially coming out of the US. He should be what these other mediocre US HW should strive to be and that is be trained to go at all times, be able to jump at an opportunity like this AND be in shape physically/mentally to do it. I don't believe in rushing young/green fighters quickly or anything but he seems like a different type of guy so I feel like he is ready for the fight, to win it, and/or have is career survive and still flourish afterward if he loses.. I only wish it could take place here in the US. Still fun seeing American's go overseas to try to win either way.
      Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 02-05-2013, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Jennings said a few weeks ago he'd take the fight with Wladimir...

But at that time his promoter said "no, not yet". Looks like his promoter has changed his mind.

Jennings is a good fighter, although ideally he should have more experience before going in with Wladimir. But past HW champs have fought opponents with even fewer fights (for example, Ali fought Spinks).

Nice to see Bryant set an example and be enough of a warrior to take the fight, when so many more experienced heavyweights are ducking.
        this^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by TaurusJ27 View Post
          Yeah, a Jennings fight would be a better matchup than half of the stiff bums Wlad has been fighting.
          Pianeta isn't a done deal yet, and Jennings is willing.

Seems like more people would be happy with Jennings than Pianeta.

Comment

Give the man what he wants

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
              Give the man what he wants
              Props to Jennings for his courage, considering all the others who don't want to take a chance against Wladimir.

Comment

You know the HW division is in bad shape when the best opponent for Klit is a guy who turned pro less than 2yrs ago!

Comment

Jennings wants to fight everyone. Im starting to really like this guy.

Comment

Working...
                  X