No announcement yet.

Handicapped/wheel chair boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handicapped/wheel chair boxing.

So a guy posts up on facebook a picture of 2 wheelchair bound kids boxing in a competitive ring. Do you guys find this exceptable (giving the kids a boost of confidence and self esteem) or just another serious accident waiting to happen to further tarnish our sport in the eyes of the general public? .........Rockin'
    Yes, it's fine
    69.23%
    I could care less
    7.69%
    No, it's an accident waiting to happen
    15.38%
    It should be ok on the Jerry Springer Show
    7.69%

The poll is expired.

Comment

If it's their choice i don't see any problem w/ it.

Comment

Dont have a problem with it. Im fine with letting people who are disabled or handicapped do what they want to do. If it builds up their self esteem, makes them feel like better people, etc there's nothing wrong with that

Comment

What does 'exceptable' mean?

Comment

They should have a choice just like everyone else....... Disabled or not they're still ppl 2

Comment

Comment

Absolutely, they should be allowed to. I used to think that we needed to protect handicapped people from things like this but my wife was recently handicapped and it changed my perspective. I can't imagine discouraging her from doing anything she wants to do. It would be like taking away her humanity.

Comment

Well the wheelchair is kind of a thing that can collect small pieces of debris thus making the possibility of cuts more likely to happen because the ref isn't going to keep whiping their gloves everytime they have to move around. Plus getting into a competitive fight in a wheelchair isn't really that appealing to anyone. Unless you are a pretty messed up guy and laugh at that sort of thing.

I say they can train all they want but they should accept the fact that there are some things that (sadly) they can't do and competitive boxing is one of those things...

Comment

Tim Bradley is gonna get a piece of this....

Too soon?

Comment

Working...
                    X