The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN

Skyrim Has Same-Sex Marriage
    Bethesda just wasn't making a big deal out of it. Rightly so.
    UK, August 25, 2011

Peter Hines, the VP of Bethesda's PR, has confirmed on Twitter that same-sex marriage is in Skyrim.

Replying to someone who remarked that "The subject seems hush hush," Hines said, "Not hush hush, just not making a huge deal out of it. You can marry anyone."

He Tweeted later, "Sorry, should clarify. Not any NPC, just mean any male or female. Doesn't matter what you're playing."

Bethesda's right. Why should it make a big deal out of this? If its intention is to create an entire world, it only makes sense that the full spectrum of sexuality is represented. As well as dragons and giant spiders, of course.

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim is out on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on November 11.

HALT! STOP RIGHT THERE! FAGGOT SCUM!

Comment

• Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
      **** New Vegas.....there i said it

It was a piece of ****.....couldnt hold a candle to Fallout 3

Less areas to explore....empty caves and buildings to explore

Tedious mindless missions that sent you criss crossing all over the map to add gameplay hours.

Ton of bugs that RUINED the game

Vegas itself was anti-climatic

The ending was jumbled mess

I remember Midnight, you got Vegas on the first day, we were all hyped. I ended up selling mine after a month and after it crashed my PS3 twice. I even had to fully reformat once. Now i don't feel like such a broke ass since im already back to playing Fallout 3, plus i bought the dlc add ons that are in game of the year edition, Fallout 3 destroys Vegas in everything, even story and sidequests.

Btw, you're getting Skyrim for PC and ME3 for 360 right? or is that Grand Champ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Ether View Post
        IGN

Skyrim Has Same-Sex Marriage
        Bethesda just wasn't making a big deal out of it. Rightly so.
        UK, August 25, 2011

Peter Hines, the VP of Bethesda's PR, has confirmed on Twitter that same-sex marriage is in Skyrim.

Replying to someone who remarked that "The subject seems hush hush," Hines said, "Not hush hush, just not making a huge deal out of it. You can marry anyone."

He Tweeted later, "Sorry, should clarify. Not any NPC, just mean any male or female. Doesn't matter what you're playing."

Bethesda's right. Why should it make a big deal out of this? If its intention is to create an entire world, it only makes sense that the full spectrum of sexuality is represented. As well as dragons and giant spiders, of course.

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim is out on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on November 11.

HALT! STOP RIGHT THERE! FAGGOT SCUM!
        No surprise there. Now a day it's easier to have a ****** relationship in a video game than a straight one or none at all. Ever played DA2?

After 5 minutes of getting Anders as a companion:
        -Hi Anders
        Anders: Did you know your eyes glitter in the light
        -Anders.. Stop being weird please
        Anders: Do you have the same feeling in...
        -Arh! Stop it you horney gay man, get out of my game!

After 125,5 hours of of the game now talking to Isabella:
        -Hi Isabella
        Isabella: Hi there..
        -So.....When we gonna hook up there's only one mission left in this game?
        Isabella: In due time.. in due time.

Even Fallout New Vegas with Arcade and Veronica being gays..

Comment

• Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
          **** New Vegas.....there i said it

It was a piece of ****.....couldnt hold a candle to Fallout 3

Less areas to explore....empty caves and buildings to explore

Tedious mindless missions that sent you criss crossing all over the map to add gameplay hours.

Ton of bugs that RUINED the game

Vegas itself was anti-climatic

The ending was jumbled mess
          All good and true points.

Get it on PC though and it's a completely different game with the mods, fixes and console commands. That's why I'm getting Skyrim for PC cuz usually the first month these huge open world games are unplayable before the first patch.

Comment

• Xbox Secures Skyrim DLC Exclusivity
            Skyrim DLC will appear exclusively on Xbox LIVE for 30 days.

Microsoft has announced that it has secured an exclusivity deal for the first two pieces of Skyrim DLC.

The first two add-on packs will appear on Xbox LIVE first for 30 days, before appearing elsewhere, such as the PSN. Details of what the DLC will contain or when it will be available have not yet been released.

PlayStation and PC owners, what do you think of the deal? Irritated or can you wait patiently for 30 days?

ign

Comment

Xbox Secures Skyrim DLC Exclusivity

Microsoft has announced that it has secured an exclusivity deal for the first two pieces of Skyrim DLC.

The first two add-on packs will appear on Xbox LIVE first for 30 days, before appearing elsewhere, such as the PSN. Details of what the DLC will contain or when it will be available have not yet been released.

PlayStation and PC owners, what do you think of the deal? Irritated or can you wait patiently for 30 days?

ign
              Microsoft always does this. Why they keep these DLC's from PC users is beyond me though since those are their customers too.

This comments seem just about right:

I'm just glad that Sony isn't paying Devs to do dumb little deals like this and instead spend money buying great studios like sucker punch to bring new exclusives.

I wonder how much MS paid for the 30 days of excusivity??? I can't imagine it will really pay off... People who have an Xbox will get it on Xbox, people who have it on PS3 will get it on PS3, the definitive experience will be on PC because of the modding community, and anyone who has to decide between Xbox and PC will choose PC, and anyone who has both a PS3 and Xbox... IDK. I guess they'll go Xbox, cause it will probably look a bit better too.

But are those few people really worth it that money? They probably would have bought it for Xbox anyway, because multiplats are generally better on Xbox, so MS effectively wasted a bunch of money with this deal.

They must think these 30 days will attract people who are looking for a console to choose Xbox... but people who don't have any console, probably wont even know about this deal, or perhaps even the DLC, until it is released, regardless of the platform they choose.

I have never understood these timed excluisivity periods... It is such a waste. Do they think that people wont be able to wait 30 days and go buy a Xbox so they can have the DLC day one??? If anything, the announcement of DLC should get people waiting to buy the GOTY edition... because we can know now, that bethesda is probably just pulling content to release later as DLC... so weak.
              Last edited by Grand Champ; 08-26-2011, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Xbox Secures Skyrim DLC Exclusivity

ign

I don't care. I won't buy an xbox so, it doesn't matter to me.

DLC seems to come out on xbox first anyways. They probably pay to get the DLC first.

Don't care though. I'll just wait. It'll eventually be out for PS and PC. It's just something microsoft does to liven up their market.

EDIT: Did anyone else notice how blacks are called "Orcs", racist as fuck or what? If you don't know what Orcs are, they are synonymous with the antagonists of LOTR. The ugly ogre looking things.
                Last edited by F l i c k e r; 08-26-2011, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• ign

How Many Xbox 360 Discs Does Skyrim Fit On?

Just how many Xbox 360 discs will The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim fit on? One.

In a year that saw L.A. Noire span across three Xbox 360 discs, this fall's epic battle through the dragon-infested Northlands of Tamriel fits on a lone DVD.

The other disc in this image is the making-of DVD.

At PAX, Skyrim's Art director Matt Carofano confirmed to Ripten that the fifth Elder Scrolls game won't spill over onto a second disc.

-

Meaning the game's around 8.54 GB or less. Lol Bethesda wasting Sony's 25/50GB bluray discs. And what about PC players? PC exclusives have special DVDs ranging from around 15-30GB what about them? does anyone care? i just think alot more could of been done/added.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

DLC seems to come out on xbox first anyways. They probably pay to get the DLC first.

Don't care though. I'll just wait. It'll eventually be out for PS and PC. It's just something microsoft does to liven up their market.

EDIT: Did anyone else notice how blacks are called "Orcs", racist as fuck or what? If you don't know what Orcs are, they are synonymous with the antagonists of LOTR. The ugly ogre looking things.
                    The African-looking race in TES games are called Redguards and Orcs are actually Orcs

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

Orcs are green, dummy.

Comment

Working...
                      X