How Bout Dem Cowboys!
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The driver's seat
Quoted: 2615 Post(s)
Rep Power: 133
Total Points: 2,842,494,712,970,832,510,976.00
Originally Posted by ALLBOXING247
Mora will retire Mosley tonight
I previously picked Mosley to win a sloppy UD, after seeing the wiegh in, i have a theory.
HEAR ME OUT..
It all started...
1. after the mayweather fight, mosley lost- but was still in the limelight. He decided he didnt have it anymore and it was time to call it a day.
2. Then he decided it'd be better to retire with another paycheck under his belt. While still in the limelight after the Mayweather fight, he announced he would be fighting Mora.
3. He chose Sept 18th, Mexican holiday, threw 3 mexicans on the undercard, and him facing 1.
4. Since Mosley was due to make only 750,000, i think Mosley and Mora probally made some sort of a secret agreement between eachother. Mosley agreed to lose the fight, which allows Mora not to kill himself to cut the weight. Your prob asking yourself why would Mosley do this? Since mora failed to make weight, Mosley gained about 20% of Mora's purse. Making Mosley earn about a million for this fight.
5. This also helps Mosley in promotion terms, as we all know- 154 is one of the hottest division out there right now, but, they lack a top 154 pounder who is signed with Golden Boy. Golden Boy can promote Mora as "The Guy Who Retired Mosley".
6. Its a win/win situation for Mosley.
This is Mosley shadow boxing for the Mayweather fight. Notice how hes much more into it, bouncing on his feet leaning into his shots.
Skip to 2:18
This is Mosley shadow boxing for Mora. Notice how he lets his hadns go only, not moving any other part of his body, these are symptoms of NO MOTIVATION. What does Mosley have to fight for?
0:00 - 0:20
Also, the ove to 154 is another example of no motivation. Either im crazy or a genius.
Whatever feedback you leave, dont hate. I met Mosley back when i was 13 and Pavlik-Hopkins, im a HUGE FAN, but right now im skeptical.
Makes sense up until the point where Mora cut the extra 4 pounds or whatever to make the contracted weight....wouldn't that throw an unnecessary "monkey wrench" into their agreement?