No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew Cries Foul: I Won at Least Nine Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew Cries Foul: I Won at Least Nine Rounds

Tony Bellew was left frustrated in Liverpool after a lackadaisical performance saw him draw with fellow world title contender Isaac Chilemba. The 30-year-old Scouser knew victory in this WBC light-heavyweight title final eliminator would put him in position to take on American champion Chad Dawson, who first defends his title against Adonis Stevenson in June.

Bellew was unable to force that title challenge, though, with a laboured night's work in front of 7,000 partisan fans at the Echo Arena in his home city. Bellew - with a record of 19-1 with 12 early wins heading in - is ranked at number one with the WBC having steadily rebuilt since his only career defeat, which came against British rival Nathan Cleverly for the Welshman's WBO title in 2011.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Agreed.

Thought he won it by 2 rounds..

Comment

What a sore looser. I had the fight 7-5 for Chilemba, but it was a pretty close fight and I don't have any problem with the draw.

Comment

Had him losing rounds 7-12 so no...

Comment

Check your eyeballs mike

Comment

Fragile ego.

Whole night became a bit of an embarrassment for Bellew. Usually teeters on the brink of classlessness but manages to redeem himself afterwards with some smart words. Last night he fell off the cliff. Acted like a thug beforehand (not even scary), didn't produce the goods and behaved like a spoilt little kid afterwards. Fragile ego.

Comment

Bellew is a wanker.

Not been a good few weeks for the scousers has it

Comment

He's living in a fantasy land.

Even Eddie Hearn had it to Bellew by a point and John Conteh had it a draw.

Comment

This is what happens when you fight always at home, you get delusional. Bellew lost in my card yesterday.

Comment

I'm from liverpool and thought bellew was lucky to receive a draw last night. He was ineffective with his aggression throwing and missing a lot and only had any success early on because chilemba took a while to open up. Rounds 2,3 and 7-11 chilemba took quite easily, making tony look quite amateurish at times, the 12th was a toss up, but I gave it to tony because he pressed the round looking for the stoppage. All the other rounds were quite hard to score, chilembas quick counters or bellows greater work rate? Even if I gave bellew 1,4,5 and 6 which I think would be generous, I still scored it 7-5 for chilemba. After the fight tony does himself or my city no favours, i hate the build up to his fights, but I realise hes trying to sell himself, but his post fight comments were disgusting. Much respect to chilemba for keeping his cool when tony was saying about McGirt telling him he'd won.

Comment

Working...
                    X