Join Date: Dec 2008
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Rep Power: 29
Total Points: 20,193,269,905,882,412.00
Originally Posted by The Surgeon
1. How many months in prison was Floyd Mayweather sentenced to on a domestic battery charge?
2. What round did Matthew Macklin knockdown Sergio Martinez in?
3. What was so controversial about the fight between Shane McPhilbin and Enzo Maccarinelli?
The ref jumped it as if to give a count but he wasnt KD so had to call a KO. For once Enzo want about to get KTFO (well he probably would have in the following round)
4. Which Showtime commentator lost his position following a positive drug test?
5. HBO analyst Larry Merchant siad he'd need to be how many years younger to kick Floyd Mayweather's ass
6. Which newspaper sponsored the fight between David Haye and Dereck Chisora?
7. Whose US TV chatshow does Manny Pacquaio make an apperance on in the week of his fights?
Cant remember the exact name. Kemmel or something like that
8. Against which opponent did Adrien Broner fail to make weight against thus forfeiting his WBO Super Featherweight title?
9. Why was Miguel Cotto's revenge bout with Antonio Margarito in doubt up to the week of their rematch in New York?
Plaster boy's eye was messed up and he hadnt been cleared to fight by the NY commission
10. Which former Olympic champion topped a non televised bill in Brentwood?
im gonna guess its either de gale or audley. going with audley as i can remember watching a couple of de gale fights and one was in italy and the other was on channel 5 and i can only remember audley getting KTFO by Price in 2012 so he had more free time
11. What was the excuse used by Thai great Pongsaklek Wonjogkam for his incredible six round upset loss to Sonny Boy Jaro?
12. Name 2 fighters that were rumored to have signed for TMT promotions?
billy dib and Dirrel (and Gamboa)
13. Which former British world champion trained a fighter to the European title?
14. Name the British middleweight who Tim Bradleydfeated in London in the amateurs?
15. Who are the two Irishmen Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr has beaten in Texas?
Andy Lee and John Duddy
16. Which British Lightweight left his trainer before quickly being reunited with him for a world title fight?
17. Name the infamous nutritionist and sports science guru who works with Nonito Donaire?
18. Which veteran referee was the official for the divisive clash between Haye and Chisora?
Cant remember his name, but he was too old to ref for the BBBC but was good to go for Luxenburg lol
19. Who did Dereck Chisora lose to narrowly in a bid for the European title?
20. Which famous ring announcer was inducted into the boxing hall of fame?
Jimmy Lennon jnr
21. What was his famous catchphrase?
22. What was surprising about Tyson Fury's performance against Martin Rogan in Ireland?
He wasnt fat? Rogan went down a bit easily? I was there and didnt see a KO cos i was watching fighting in the stands? That only about 200 out of the 10,000 were fighting afterwards? We were allowed to drink in the stands? That a manc was fighting for the Irish title? It was only scheduled for 10 rounds (as all irish title fights are)?. none of those things surprised me tbh so it must be something im forgetting lol!
23. What thrilling fight kicked off a memorable opening night for new subscription channel Boxnation?
Cotto Marg 2
24. Name the author who followed up his biography of Roerto Duran with on Alexis Arguello?[B]
25. Who was the great trainer who passed away this year who once told his charge "Your blowing it son"?
26. What injury did Lucien Bute have going into his bout with Carl Froch?
Blister on his foot
27. Which New York Middleweight was Froch sparring ahead of his fight with Andre Ward?
28. Who was Paul Williams in training to fight before he was injured in a motor bike crash?
Ginger Mexican Canelo
29. Name the British representative of the Luxembourg boxing federation who was influential in stagging Haye vs Chisora?
30. Which three coutries did Vitali Klitschko fight in from September 2011 to september 2012?
Russia, Poland, Germany
Answers will be posted in a few days
Answers in red