Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best pressure fighter of last decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winky was also a good pressure fighter, as weird as that sounds.

Comment

Pac is the greatest. There are other pressure fighters who only pressure and cant do anything else. But that dont even mean they are any good at pressure fighting, with lack of resume to back it up.

He really put the heat on Barrera, and Morales earlier in his career and they couldnt take the heat. JMM couldnt take the heat also so went into survival mode and it helped him immensely. Clottey and SSM also fought like theyd never fought cos the heat was too much.
      Pac makes fighters act weird and strange.
      Last edited by hugh grant; 06-04-2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        Pacquaio isnt a pressure fighter.... pressure fighter is more than just throwing a bunch of punches. Pressure fighters are fighters with a style that makes their opponents work, wear them down and are hell on the inside constantly going forward....Manny is more of a mid range fighter with speed and power.

I'd say the best pressure fighters of the last decade were Jose Luis Castillo, Ricky Hatton, Israel Vazquez, and Glenncoffe Johnson
        I agree with this post only Margarito and Paul Williams should be mentioned as well.

Comment

Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Winky was also a good pressure fighter, as weird as that sounds.
            Not weird at all, he was a good body puncher as well. Better pressure fighter than a lot of the names mentioned on this thread. Cotto earlier in his career was a very good pressure fighter, he applied it intelligently, cut off the ring well. Juan Diaz, considering the names that have been mentioned, is another one.

Comment

should have done a poll

looks like
              margarito takes it

followed by hatton ,castillo

which i agree 100%

Comment

Working...
              X