Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the point of Urango-Hatton again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the point of Urango-Hatton again?

The IBF is most likely going to strip Hatton of his precious IBF title if he doesn't fight the N'Dou-Rabah winner next, which he obviously won't. What exactly was the point of even bothering with Urango when Hatton won't even be defending that belt against Castillo? I thought the point of it all was that Hatton wanted to get his belt back to defend against Castillo. We would have been better served going straight into the Castillo fight. All the Urango fight did was provide even more for us to criticize the overrated Hatton about...

Originally posted by SiN View Post
    The IBF is most likely going to strip Hatton of his precious IBF title if he doesn't fight the N'Dou-Rabah winner next, which he obviously won't. What exactly was the point of even bothering with Urango when Hatton won't even be defending that belt against Castillo? I thought the point of it all was that Hatton wanted to get his belt back to defend against Castillo. We would have been better served going straight into the Castillo fight. All the Urango fight did was provide even more for us to criticize the overrated Hatton about...
    Do you ever post about anything else???

Comment

Actually, its up to Hatton to see what legacy he wants to leave behind. Sure he has been unbeaten past 40 fights but what does his resume look like. Hatton is not considered a superfighter in America because of his lack of competition. It's up to him to make the decisions that will make him a great known fighter. Because the opportunity is there

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
        Actually, its up to Hatton to see what legacy he wants to leave behind. Sure he has been unbeaten past 40 fights but what does his resume look like. Hatton is not considered a superfighter in America because of his lack of competition. It's up to him to make the decisions that will make him a great known fighter. Because the opportunity is there
        Exactly. Fighting bums will get you recognition in the UK. In the US, it just doesn't cut it. The fact is that fight was absolutely pointless. Everyone knew it was going to be the 41st showcase fight in Hatton's career. What a waste of time...

Comment

exactly if he wanted a belt why not the guy most people had ranked as the top guy when hatton left junior witter

i heard people lying about how he only fought him because castillo could be made mandatory but thats bull****

all better fighters he could have fought but didnt

Junior Witter
          Kendall Holt
          Souleymane M'baye
          Demetrius Hopkins

hatton is a joke

Comment

the point was for hatton to perform and gain his confidence again in the 140lbs dept.

Comment

his confidence if he wanted peace of mind hed of re-matched collazo and beat him again to gain confidence

Comment

Hatton isnt considered a superfighter in America then? I dont know if he is a superfighter. Who is considered a superfighter then? There arent many great opponents to box to make him a superfighter. He hasnt fought any decent opponents. Is that so? Hes fought champs and won. It is a good achievement in life!
                If and when he beats Castillo, i suppose he wont have beaten a decent opponent still because Castillo is over the hill. Heard it all before.

Comment

Originally posted by El Temible View Post
                  exactly if he wanted a belt why not the guy most people had ranked as the top guy when hatton left junior witter

i heard people lying about how he only fought him because castillo could be made mandatory but thats bull****

all better fighters he could have fought but didnt

Junior Witter
                  Kendall Holt
                  Souleymane M'baye
                  Demetrius Hopkins

hatton is a joke
                  Witter aside, what makes the other three fighters any better than urango?? kendall holt has already been knocked the **** out, and M'baye and hopkins haven't fouht anybody. Atleast juan had been in there with a coupl of decent fighters. Your hate for hatton is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Hatton isnt considered a superfighter in America then? I dont know if he is a superfighter. Who is considered a superfighter then? There arent many great opponents to box to make him a superfighter. He hasnt fought any decent opponents. Is that so? Hes fought champs and won. It is a good achievement in life!
                    If and when he beats Castillo, i suppose he wont have beaten a decent opponent still because Castillo is over the hill. Heard it all before.
                    right now, hatton isnt a superfighter,

Hopkins/Mayweather/De La Hoya/Pacman/ in my opinion are all superfighters, right now, after that last hatton fight...nobody is motivated to see him, my local paper ripped him, most american outlets arent impressed. all that holding is too much for american audiences.

Comment

Working...
                    X